• Show
Clear All

• Where's the fun in that?
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

• Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
      Where's the fun in that?
      Agreed, plus all the shit pickups are in Afghanistan.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoshie View Post
        Lol I thought you would see that conversation.
        Its between two at the min but that is a front runner.
        Not a Fore Runner?
        Ps so do I...
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

• Bit of a delay waiting on some 2mm sheet steel and a few other bits. Fabrication will commence as soon as metal turns up. Got some very nice bits for finishing the bed. i think this one is gonna be very very nice when it's finished.
          Alan

Comment

• Collected some steel today so hope for some progress over the next week.

I have lots of bolt holes to weld up as I am not refitting the wheel carrier, number plate light or arch extensions. Two repairs needed, not bad for a 20yr old truck that sat idle outside for the past three years.

I reused the center roof brace in the cab and it has added plenty of stiffness.
            50mmx25mm box to form inside the bed panels will add strength and give a nice radius to the finished edge. The inside will get an alloy strip finish once the bed is lined.

Brace going in

Nice snug fit.

Last edited by yoshie; 28 February 2013, 22:03.
            Brian

Comment

• Got the bed edged with 50x25mm box, it has worked perfectly I can stand on the edges and they don't flex.

Ran the plasma round a 2mm sheet to get the roof profile. I will have hours and hours of welding, filing and rubbing down when all the fabrication is finished.
              Still hopeful of it being finished while some summer remains.

Brian

Comment

• Looking good Brian

Keep it up at this pace and it'll be ready for a nice autumnal debut

Comment

• It's coming together now Bro, keep it up.

BTW new ratchets arrived.......SHINY!
                  Alan

Comment

It's coming together now Bro, keep it up.

BTW new ratchets arrived.......SHINY!
                    This post needed a picture.
                    I am happier with the cab now. I have to decorate this weekend so no melting metal for a couple of days
                    Brian

Comment

• 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 inch Britool swivel head. Built to last and easily serviced.
                      Attached Files
                      Alan

Comment

1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 inch Britool swivel head. Built to last and easily serviced.
                        Very nice, now all I need is you to put them away clean when your finished with them
                        Brian

Comment

• Had a great afternoon faffing about with the truck.

I made the frame to support the bulkhead and fitted a frame to bring what was the rear seat area up level with the rest of the bed. I notched the 50x25 so I had a flat profile on both sides of the bulkhead. This should make lining both the bed and cab interior a little easier.

I then tacked the cab up, cut some filller plates and filled in the voids at each side.

Brian

Comment

• Fantastic!
                            A much better look compared to those stupid four door 'pickups'.

Have you sourced a rear window yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                              Fantastic!
                              A much better look compared to those stupid four door 'pickups'.

Have you sourced a rear window yet?
                              I have pal a friend has offered a cab rear window from a 90.
                              I will have to wait until l have it to hand before adding upright bracing behind that sheet as I don't have exact dimensions.
                              Brian

Comment

• Good work mate.
                                Alan

Comment

Working...
                                X