No announcement yet.

Sliders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally go tmy sliders painted and laquered last night, so if its not raining tonight, gonna weld them on. Cant wait. No doubt it will !!!! rain though!
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
      Finally go tmy sliders painted and laquered last night, so if its not raining tonight, gonna weld them on. Cant wait. No doubt it will !!!! rain though!
      look good...
      do they contact with the sills?
      and just a thought.. any way of securely bolting rather than welding on?... just incase you bend one and wanna take it off to fix?

yeah, i like them!!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Didnt really want to drill a load of holes in the chassis so i welded in the end. I am very happy with them, but they look too new so i have to get them dirty quickly. Anyway, heres a few pic taken just now, so they're not great, but you get the idea.
        Cheers
        Del
        Attached Files
        Derek :
        1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
        [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Great work Master Derek, dont know how I missed this thread till now, maybe twas d'alimpix. Thats the kind of side impact protection all new cars should be gettin I reckon.

Did you ever see the black inducer cables that Big Brother staples across our roads in places, they record your speed and the type of vehicle by the steel mass it senses as you drive over them? I reckon your gonna be classed as an artic doin 70 down around the Comer's backroads!

Comment

Cheers Jim. Didnt know those strips measured weight too. Cant wait till someone tries to open there door too far beside me now.
            By the way,do you like my sham of a custom exhaust a guy in Athy put together for me. Told me he could do a 2.5" all the way except for the bit of 2" he welded inbetween cause the moron didnt order the right bends. Have to buy anew one now or i'll never pass my MOT!
            Anyway, prerunner bars for the front are next!
            Derek :
            1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
              look good...
              do they contact with the sills?
              and just a thought.. any way of securely bolting rather than welding on?... just incase you bend one and wanna take it off to fix?

yeah, i like them!!
              Matt

Some pic's of bolted on ones, saved these for when I make/get some, but not got round to it yet.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X