No announcement yet.

Intake options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, Then. Nice try, but who are you, really?
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
      Do you have any relatives, living in Leigh, Lancashire?
      No why?

Originally posted by MWS View Post
      Ok, Then. Nice try, but who are you, really?
      Huh?

As for the Peugeot it was a ford after heavy rain. It was deeper than it looked. Its a good job TU series engines are bomb proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob5464 View Post
        No why?

Huh?

As for the Peugeot it was a ford after heavy rain. It was deeper than it looked. Its a good job TU series engines are bomb proof.
        What do you actually want to accomplish ?
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Lowly swollen country fords, horses grazing nearby after a heavy rainfall. Children playing around the swell with sticks and stones. A very well known comparison to the extremist terrorists who could prove a peugeot is bombproof :P
          ======
          Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

No why?

Huh?

Look, just so you don't get off on the wrong foot, this post seems like a wind up, we've had trolls posting crap, then getting hump and going away, then coming back under different names posting inane threads.

The reason you're getting a hard time is because you don't put an air intake inside the wheel arch on a truck thats going to be dunked in water without a very cleverly engineered way of extracting the water that gets sucked up.
            But you've also said you can't spend more than £70, or want to actually put any effort into building. Then arguing why, what blatently is a bad idea if you know anything about mechanics, it won't work when its pointed out why.

You're also arguing that what is a perfectly good intake design isn't, also pretty lame if you know how engines work.

So it's coming across as just trouble making and a wind up to many.

Just chill out and do a little research, about 4x4's and motors in general. intake and exhaust mods rarely make much difference in the real world without spending lots of money.

Trying to do anything on the cheap will more likely make it worse if anything.

You want a 4x4 to work offroad, it don't need every last BHP wrung out it, its needs to be reliable and strong and be able to take anything you can throw at it either towing or offroad. This means getting the intake as far out of the wet and mud as possible. The 6" it crosses the rocker cover will make absolutely no difference to how it runs, and increasing intake noise for no reason is also pointless. Get/make a snorkel, and see what it can do in the mud, not how it sounds down the drive through on a saturday night!

Take some advise mate, don't rock up here and start trying to make an impression, it just gets peoples backs up. Read and learn take suggestions and advice in the spirit they are ment.

What you're suggesting is a non-starter, for all the reasons mentioned already.

Peace..
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
              Look, just so you don't get off on the wrong foot, this post seems like a wind up, we've had trolls posting crap, then getting hump and going away, then coming back under different names posting inane threads.

The reason you're getting a hard time is because you don't put an air intake inside the wheel arch on a truck thats going to be dunked in water without a very cleverly engineered way of extracting the water that gets sucked up.
              But you've also said you can't spend more than £70, or want to actually put any effort into building. Then arguing why, what blatently is a bad idea if you know anything about mechanics, it won't work when its pointed out why.

You're also arguing that what is a perfectly good intake design isn't, also pretty lame if you know how engines work.

Just chill out and do a little research, about 4x4's and motors in general. intake and exhaust mods rarely make much difference in the real world without spending lots of money.

You want a 4x4 to work offroad, it don't need every last BHP wrung out it, its needs to be reliable and strong and be able to take anything you can throw at it either towing or offroad. This means getting the intake as far out of the wet and mud as possible. The 6" it crosses the rocker cover will make absolutely no difference to how it runs, and increasing intake noise for no reason is also pointless. Get/make a snorkel, and see what it can do in the mud, not how it sounds down the drive through on a saturday night!

Take some advise mate, don't rock up here and start trying to make an impression, it just gets peoples backs up. Read and learn take suggestions and advice in the spirit they are ment.

Peace..

well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

As for the Peugeot it was a ford after heavy rain.
                My Renault was a Vauxhall after light precipitation, but thats another story...
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

Peace..
                  Huh?
                  "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                  www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I get what you guys are saying. It was more to improve MPG slightly than for performance. Although I think going out into the wing is easier on the passenger side which is what I will do. Would it be better to use a closed after-market filter or the existing air-box?

Comment

How will repositioning a perfectly adequate air intake decrease your fuel consumption?
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I get what you guys are saying. It was more to improve MPG slightly than for performance. Although I think going out into the wing is easier on the passenger side which is what I will do. Would it be better to use a closed after-market filter or the existing air-box?
                        Most people do not buy a Surf for the fuel economy.
                        I myself am now convinced that the radiator is just there as a storage tank for the cabin heater and the engine is actually cooled by injecting diesel onto the hot piston crowns.

If there was a cheap and easy fix to improve fuel economy it would be a sticky.
                        Much better to spend your time and money ensuring the vehicle is maintained correctly,if fuel economy is what you after you will probably get the greatest increase by driving smarter also stop start journeys will kill fuel economy.
                        Just take solice in the fact that probably the only that will stop your truck is running out of fuel .
                        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                          Most people do not buy a Surf for the fuel economy.
                          I myself am now convinced that the radiator is just there as a storage tank for the cabin heater and the engine is actually cooled by injecting diesel onto the hot piston crowns.

If there was a cheap and easy fix to improve fuel economy it would be a sticky.
                          Much better to spend your time and money ensuring the vehicle is maintained correctly,if fuel economy is what you after you will probably get the greatest increase by driving smarter also stop start journeys will kill fuel economy.
                          Just take solice in the fact that probably the only that will stop your truck is running out of fuel .
                          See bold text in post 9
                          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                            See bold text in post 9
                            I have had a good day and I am feeling quite benelevant,no doubt normal service will resume.
                            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                              I have had a good day and I am feeling quite benelevant,no doubt normal service will resume.
                              Who's Ben Elevant?
                              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                                Who's Ben Elevant?
                                Leave him alone, he had a good day, and I suspect his good day might have involved a "sundowner " or 3.
                                Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
                                X