Offroad wheels and tyres recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offroad wheels and tyres recommendations

Hi all, I`ve got a couple of questions regarding wheels and tyres and I`d like to get some advice/opinions from some of the off roading experts please

Currently I`m running 33/12.50-15 Maxxis Buckshot Mudders on 15x10 -32 offset modulars, I have around a 2" suspension lift and a 2" bodylift, only minimal issues with tyres rubbing on the edge of the body cill.

I started off last year doing some occasional green laning and this set up worked really well for me, now I`m getting a bit more into it and doing some heavier off roading and pay and play days I`d like to upgrade my tyres to something a bit more aggressive, the buckshot`s are great in mud (they are rated an MT tyre) but on more solid or rocky ground they are a bit of a let down.

I`m looking at possibly something like a 16x8 -8 offset modular with 285/75-16 Insa Turbo Special Tracks on, heard some great things about these tyres but also some horror storys about them wrecking diffs/driveshafts.

So any opinions on these or other options from the offroad guys would be greatly appreciated

TIA

John

Steel wheels are far stronger and Simex Extreme Trekker tyres are the best on the market IMHO
    Brian

Comment

Haven't tried them offroad yet, but have just put on Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's and they run very quiet on the road for a full on MT tyre.

By all accounts they are great offroad, but they are expensive. I'll let you know how they fare as soon as I have a chance to test them.
      Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

Working...
      X