X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Shaft120 View Post
      What offset are your wheels though?
      No idea, I bought the truck then stored it away. I did note the tyre size though.

Comment

I bought my wheels used, and the offset sticker had come off....

But they do stick out a fair bit, running 285 75 16. the only bit that rubbed was the very bottom corner of the from bumper arch extension bits.

Running 1" body lift,
        2" Roughtrax lift
        1.5" Daystar spacers.

Now it has all settled down it doesn't run at all (The back was very high at first causing the front bumper to rub.

On the plus point my spare no longer fouls the spare carrier!
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

305/70/16s on 16x8 rim

2 inch suspension lift and 1.5 inch body lift.

Will confirm my spacer and offset later this week when i get chance to take a wheel off.

Comment

Thanks Guys

I am likely going to get the -32 offset (on the 10"), as I've looked a the gaps and I don't think there is any room to play with on the inside of the arch. All I'll end up doing is having to fit spacers anyway.

Even with the -32, I'll still loose a little inside room, so It will be touch and go.

On the up side, I reckon the front bumper end pieces and the front trim near the sidesteps will be the only bits to rub on the outside. Should be able to remove / hammer / adjust those with luck (famous last words!)
            Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

UPDATE:

Have ordered the wheels/tyres today, so should be here by Thursday. Hoping to do the lift by end of next week.

The Cooper STT's are out of stock everywhere, so ended up going for the Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs.

I'm expecting the wheels to extend beyond the arches, so will probably need some extenders to cover them.

I've seen some multi vehicle, cheap generic ones which will probably do a job for a while:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-SJ-...item3f12b60da5

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-Vit...item3370f45a18

Not sure if anyone's had any experience with these?

But it will be nicer to get some proper model specific wide arches in the long run. I've had a look about and can't find much for the 3rd gen. If anybody has seen some, please post a link!

Will let you know how I get on....
              Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

Working...
              X