Overall Diameter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overall Diameter

What would the maximum be with standard sussie setup?
    Or would it be better to wait until the 2" lift happens, if so what's the ideal tyre for this?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Sammyk View Post
    What would the maximum be with standard sussie setup?
    Or would it be better to wait until the 2" lift happens, if so what's the ideal tyre for this?

Thanks in advance.
    You need to acknowledge your previous query first.

Comment

Wheels, tyres, discs or something else?
      Give us a little more to go on! C'mon, they don't ration words on here look!

blah de blah de blah de blah de blah!
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
        Wheels, tyres, discs or something else?
        Give us a little more to go on! C'mon, they don't ration words on here look!

blah de blah de blah de blah de blah!
        Overall diameter of tyres.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          You need to acknowledge your previous query first.
          ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sammyk View Post
            ?

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showpost....57&postcount=4

Comment

8 inches wide, yup. Ta.

Comment

31x10.5r15
                Yes
                BFG AT

or wait untill you've done the body lift, sus lift, spring spacers and BJ/TB lift then get the 35x12.50 Maxifeckinmuddysupermudterrain tyres you know you REALLY want.
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                  then get the 35x12.50 Maxifeckinmuddysupermudterrain tyres you know you REALLY want.
                  He might have a 2.4 and want to use it to go out and about ?

The answer to his question is 31's, maybe 32's with the 2" suspension lift but possible rubbing on full lock or full articulation.

Comment

Thanks for the replays, it's a 3L but it will always be my daily drive. I don't want to go breaking it every weekend or ruin my mostly motorway drive to work.

I reckon just the 2" suspension lift and 31's.

Comment

In honesty, if all you want to use it for is the daily commute and you want to keep good road manners then I would spend the money making sure your standard suspension is fresh i.e. rear not sagging, front suspension correct height and no play, shockers are in good condition etc. 31`s will fit with standard suspension, buy some decent quality AT`s like General Grabbers and you have a competent truck for everyday use and some light offroading/greenlaning.

Everything you do to modify the truck (lift it etc) has a trade off in terms of general road ride quality suffering.

Comment

Good point, does that 2" lift in the suspension make it a more competent off-reader? If not so much, I will go with JD.

Comment

A standard surf will go most places. A lifted truck enables you to fit larger diameter tyres for more ground clearance sso you can drive over bigger lumps.
                          It all depends if you like driving over 12" lumps....
                          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I have heeded advice given and I have bought a set of 15" D modular wheels and Mud Luggers @ 31x10.5r15. I will pick them up Saturday from Silverline in Warwick, then I need some mud!

The car drives real nice so the most I will do to the suspension is shocks and rear springs.

Comment

I have my off roaders fitted now desperate to try them out! Anyone recommend anywhere to go around my area, south bucks?

Comment

Working...
                              X