Wheels and tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels and tyres

Thanks guys for the reply I've put a 2" suspension kit on my beloved surf along with the 305/70/16 tyres with dick cepek 16x10 rims the problems I've got are the wheels stick past the arches and the tyres hit the front bumper and bulk head when turning does any body have any ideas how to cure ie will a body lift kit help withe rubbing and where would I get one and are there any extended arches available any help would be seriously appreciated

You need more lift.
    Sounds like the wheels have the wrong offset for your truck if they stick out past the arches.
    Lots of surfs run 10" rims with no need for arch extensions.
    Last edited by yoshie; 28 August 2011, 11:53.
    Brian

Comment

Wheels and tyres

Any idea where I would get a body lift kit from and whats the proper offset

Comment

Originally posted by steviespanners View Post
        Thanks guys for the reply I've put a 2" suspension kit on my beloved surf along with the 305/70/16 tyres with dick cepek 16x10 rims the problems I've got are the wheels stick past the arches and the tyres hit the front bumper and bulk head when turning does any body have any ideas how to cure ie will a body lift kit help withe rubbing and where would I get one and are there any extended arches available any help would be seriously appreciated
        Try TONYN for the body lift, he might be able to help you, if not google
        xpajun, they do them, but they dont do the bumper lift brackets.

I fitted these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x4-WHEEL-...item3f0d6579df

on my 2nd jen to cover over size tyres. Easy enough to fit, not sure what they would look like on 3rd gen.

couple of pics.
        Attached Files
        Still on a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
          from 15 to 16 rims on a 2"lift wont be that horrendous......i dont see the problem??? 1" aint gonna foul on nowt?... even so you could tweak the torsion bars?? i got 33" on a 2" lift no sweat...im lost on the problem you covered all with the extensions on wheel arches...WTF you wetting ya knickers about all looks legal
          Hes got a 3rd gen which has 16" rims as standard.
          He also does not have torsion bars to tweak.
          Hes put on wider rims 10" as opposed to the standard 7" and hes put on wider tyres. 305 as opposed to the standard 265.
          He needs to lift the body a wee bit to stop the fouling on the bumper/arches and if the offset of his wheels is such that the wider rubber sticks out, theres no choice but to fit some kind of arch extension. Even wheels with a less negative offset might not have helped as all that extra width might well have fouled on the chassis at extreme lock.
          Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
            Hes got a 3rd gen which has 16" rims as standard.
            He also does not have torsion bars to tweak.
            Hes put on wider rims 10" as opposed to the standard 7" and hes put on wider tyres. 305 as opposed to the standard 265.
            He needs to lift the body a wee bit to stop the fouling on the bumper/arches and if the offset of his wheels is such that the wider rubber sticks out, theres no choice but to fit some kind of arch extension. Even wheels with a less negative offset might not have helped as all that extra width might well have fouled on the chassis at extreme lock.

Excellant post. Informed, clear and precise.

Pity all reply's are'nt like that!!!
            Last edited by Bazcam; 29 August 2011, 16:39.
            Still on a mission.

Comment

Working...
            X