• Show
Clear All

you being fecking serious

bodgalistic or what

im having no part of this thread anymore
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by brute View Post
      no m8 my m8 used scafolding poles to lift his body on his toyota hilux pickup he said that they are strong and will the job fine
      I hope your taking the ####.Or your on a fecking good wind up trying to get a rise out of someone.scaffold poles are not the way to do it.Especially when you have an accident and kill yourself or god forbid an innocent bystander and find out your not insured because of a bodged bodylift.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

no m8 my m8 used scafolding poles to lift his body on his toyota hilux pickup he said that they are strong and will the job fine
        Aye, good one...
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Bl00dy hell I've only just got on this thread!

6"........ With Scaffolding poles........

I can imagine the convo with insurance!
          www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

He is a bigger idiot than you.
            Brian

Comment

(been avoiding this thread, but had to look in end)

Eggcelent thread!!

Don't drive that fecker (or the pickup) anywhere near me!!

Have a look at Jetskidavids thread, thats the only safe way of building a really big truck.

Anyone with any idea about engineering should run a mile from stuff any bigger than this...

Its just scary, do you know how much a Surf body weights? and the forces and leverage under braking or cornering that those blocks and mounts will be under?
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Does this mean i wouldnt be able to use the cast iron downpipe i saved when they upgraded my guttering
                So glad i read this thread before i started

Comment

what is the best way to lift it and the safe way scafolding not getting used

Comment

Www.Xpajun.com
                    www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

what is the best way to lift it and the safe way scafolding not getting used
                      Like I said earlier, jetskidavid is doing a Street Queen the right way (if there is a right way.. )...

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...=66305&page=10

Otherwise you really don't want to be going over 3" - 4" absolute max even with reinforced mounts with just blocks, especially with heavy 'full' body like a Surf, pickups are a little different as the cab is far lighter, but its still not ideal.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                        Like I said earlier, jetskidavid is doing a Street Queen the right way (if there is a right way.. )...

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...=66305&page=10

Otherwise you really don't want to be going over 3" - 4" absolute max even with reinforced mounts with just blocks, especially with heavy 'full' body like a Surf, pickups are a little different as the cab is far lighter, but its still not ideal.
                        seen photos your lot was right it is a lot stronger and safer

Comment

Working...
                        X