body lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body lift

want to lift my ln130 body 6 inches what will i have to alter to lift it this high thanks brute

You'll have to alter the distance(gap or space) between the chassis and the body.
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
      You'll have to alter the distance(gap or space) between the chassis and the body.
      no sh1t

Comment

Steering column,hi/lo lever,fuel filler pipe all have to be extended and the rad lowered to start with then extended brake lines
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

That's a lot of body lift, you doing the springs as well?

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            Steering column,hi/lo lever,fuel filler pipe all have to be extended and the rad lowered to start with then extended brake lines

Front bumper brackets to get it back up to the body,
            私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

And dont go over bumps or round corners to quick.

6" lift blocks are insane, that height needs more along the lines of a braced chassis. Have a look at the 21" lift in this section.

I take it you want a lifted for looks, almost useless off road truck.
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                And dont go over bumps or round corners to quick.

6" lift blocks are insane, that height needs more along the lines of a braced chassis. Have a look at the 21" lift in this section.

I take it you want a lifted for looks, almost useless off road truck.
                its for road use only and for looks dont no how heigh iam lifting the suspension

Comment

Originally posted by brute View Post
                  its for road use only and for looks dont no how heigh iam lifting the suspension
                  Mate i would stick to max 3" on the body lift and do the rest on springs and spacers ect

Comment

6" bodylift on just lift blocks
                    We will order your hiluxsurf.co.UK branded coffin now ready.
                    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                      6" bodylift on just lift blocks
                      We will order your hiluxsurf.co.UK branded coffin now ready.
                      I've got some 6" wooden blocks to lift the coffin on the poles if you want them?
                      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

As said before the max even i would go is a 3" body lift but i would also re-drill the body mounts and blocks to take an m14 /m16 high tensile bolt/studding.But that said if you wanted to go the 6" body lift route then i would fabricate the lift blocks out of steel,cut them into 3" sections then seam weld half the blocks to the chassis and then seam weld the other half to the body mounts.Then bolt through using the biggest diammeter studding i could find.Add some extra cross bracing between body and chassis and see how it works out,no one has done it this way before,so you could be the first one to experiment with it.It might work it might not.Do a search for body lifts read and take note.Make your own mind up.THE BEST POSSIBLY WAY TO GET A 6" LIFT IS A COMBINATION OF BODY AND SUSPENSION LIFT.But beware the higher you lift the more likely it is to tip over.Whatever you do ......DONT MOUNT THE SPARE WHEEL TO THE ROOF.
                        Last edited by surfenstein; 12 February 2011, 10:22.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                          As said before the max even i would go is a 3" body lift but i would also re-drill the body mounts and blocks to take an m14 /m16 high tensile bolt/studding.But that said if you wanted to go the 6" body lift route then i would fabricate the lift blocks out of steel,cut them into 3" sections then seam weld half the blocks to the chassis and then seam weld the other half to the body mounts.Then bolt through using the biggest diammeter studding i could find.Add some extra cross bracing between body and chassis and see how it works out,no one has done it this way before,so you could be the first one to experiment with it.It might work it might not.Do a search for body lifts read and take note.Make your own mind up.THE BEST POSSIBLY WAY TO GET A 6" LIFT IS A COMBINATION OF BODY AND SUSPENSION LIFT.But beware the higher you lift the more likely it is to tip over.Whatever you do ......DONT MOUNT THE SPARE WHEEL TO THE ROOF.
                          i was going to use scafolding poles welded onto flat plates and m16 bolts hign tensile bolts

Comment

brute, I hope you are pulling our leg for your own amusement.
                            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                              brute, I hope you are pulling our leg for your own amusement.
                              no m8 my m8 used scafolding poles to lift his body on his toyota hilux pickup he said that they are strong and will the job fine

Comment

Working...
                              X