30mm Wheel Spacers - yes/no??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30mm Wheel Spacers - yes/no??

I have just ordered some new rear coils from Roughtrax, with hope of a nice 2" lift (saggy ass at the mo, only measures approx 10-11" from top of rim to underside wheel arch) and will be fitting them in the next couple of days.
    I was also looking at the wheel spacers, and wondered if i should get a full set or just rear 2 or what?
    I guess it would look better, with a wider stance, and maybe better for off-roading?

Is this advisable or a waste of time & money?

thanks in advance for any help guys!!!

Rich
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

You need 4, 2 is a waste of time.

Only you know if you need/want them, stock wheels look better in the wheel arches than without them (IMHO), or if the insides of the tyre rub on the chassis or wishbones on full lock then you need them.

If the outside of the tyres are on the verge of rubbing on the bulkhead at full lock then they will only make it worse.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

cheers for that Tony. will check the steering lock/tyre situation when i do the coils.
      never really done any kind of mods before, although i am thorough and careful so i'm sure i'll be fine.

So it's a personal preference kind of thing really? I werent sure if there were any rules/advantages etc
      www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
        So it's a personal preference kind of thing really? I werent sure if there were any rules/advantages etc
        yeah, they can exaggerate any wear in the steering or wheel bearings, but only if its an issue already, you just notice it more.

there is not more strain that just fitting wider wheels.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
        X