surf alarm and immobiliser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surf alarm and immobiliser

My surf has a laser line immobiliser and alarm .Can anyone tell me how you disarm it so it doesnt sound the alarm while you are for example working on the car. also it locks itself after 2 minutes , can this be overridden as well? the alarm works fine but its a nuisance if i leave the dog in the car or we are loading up.
    Last edited by dennisandjane; 28 June 2004, 23:53.

Originally posted by dennisandjane
    My surf has a laser line immobiliser and alarm .Can anyone tell me how you disarm it so it doesnt sound the alarm while you are for example working on the car. also it locks itself after 2 minutes , can this be overridden as well? the alarm works fine but its a nuisance if i leave the dog in the car or we are loading up.
    Try searching the net for some instructions. If it is the same as most modern alarms the have a service mode or ferry mode setting. The usual way to get in to these modes is to turn the ign on (dash lights on) then press 1 of the buttons on the remote fob. other systems have a key on the control unit (under drivers seat usually) that turns the whole system off when it is in a garage.
    Your best bet is to get the instructions from lazer or seak help form a reputable alarm fitter.
    BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

open and close the drivers door
      it's probably a safety thing incase you disarm and change your mind walk off without getting in the car it will re arm
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

you could always turn off your siren with the key

Comment

I have the same snag with my laserline (model 968 I think), having scoured the net I eventually emailed laserline for info as my model did not appear on their site, they sent me a pdf of the full installation and operating instructions for it. Funny thing is, the instructions do not mention an autoarm feature! Mine has p*ssed me off so much with with this that I currently have the whole thing disarmed. Used to like laserline, but think its time to swap in a little used Cobra system I have ... now to figure out the wiring on the Cobra....
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

i have that alarm, all i do is open 1 of the doors job done. all cat 1 systems i have had have done this must be part of parcel..........
            CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

laserline alarm

i rang a laserline agent who was very helpful there are 6 tiny switches on the side of the unit if you turn off number 6 the unit will still immobilise the car after 2 minutes but it doesnt lock the doors or set the alarm until you zap it thanks to all who tried to help Den

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                I have the same snag with my laserline (model 968 I think), having scoured the net I eventually emailed laserline for info as my model did not appear on their site, they sent me a pdf of the full installation and operating instructions for it. Funny thing is, the instructions do not mention an autoarm feature! Mine has p*ssed me off so much with with this that I currently have the whole thing disarmed. Used to like laserline, but think its time to swap in a little used Cobra system I have ... now to figure out the wiring on the Cobra....
                Thats the point keeps thieves stressed as much as you
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                X