ATF oil cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATF oil cooler

just go this autobox oil cooler off ebay £24 all in not too bad its off a vauxhall omega 2.4

its about 600mm long just nice to fit between the chassis rails at the front of the surf! may need a bit of galved wall plate strap just to fix it in properly but with the brackets on should be an easy fit

they are ali so could bend into shape direct??

will post up some pics when done. i am putting it where the air con rad was as i got rid of the air con when doing the conversion so if you do still have air con im not too sure when you can fit it??

Last edited by dannyboy77; 27 August 2010, 12:08.
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

a few pics of the finished product! just got a wall plate strap cut it and bent it to suit there are bolts either side of the chassis rail holding a protector cover for the ilder arm etc. i have just piped off the existing outlets for the cooler on the radiator but could get the radiator recored to get rid of cooler inside it and it will allow better circulation for the engine coolant! as i need that for the V8!

little design flaw though it is too long for the bash plate so you have to hack saw both sides of the plate then bend it over so it fits! haha! but if off roading it is very good to keep the oil as cool as possible when working the GB hard with little air flow!

Comment

Excellent, I'll be getting one of those then!
      I'm going to fit a 2.4 manual rad at the same time so the coolant flow isn't restricted.

Comment

ah good thinking! pick up a manual rad! are they hens teeth though? if you have time to play around with it you probably get the angle of it to about 45 and get decent air flow through it! but anything is better than going through the rad!

i just threw it on as needed it before i went to bala. i use mud and water to cool it! haha!

Comment

Is that the original position for the aircon rad on a 2.4 then?

Nice mod btw Danny.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
            Is that the original position for the aircon rad on a 2.4 then?

Nice mod btw Danny.
            Yep right where all the mud and crud goes when you are offroading. Meaning the fans and the aircon rad are useless until you wash the thing out. Which to do properly requires removal of the rad, which requires a de-gas, followed by a re-gas once the job is complete. I removed mine permanently a while back.
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
            X