X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No welding winch mount

The rationale behind only using high tensile nuts and bolts was twofold

1) I can't weld!

2) The winch is mounted to whatever plate with 4 M12 high tensile bolts...so as long as all the other bolts are similar spec then it won't be any weaker than the winch to plate fixing

I used a couple of 16" long 2x2" x 1/4" angle iron lengths to extend from the existing mounting points on the chassis

And then cut some 8" by 1/4" plate to fit across

The winch offered up and small A bar to check the fit

Bumper chopped around a bit to fit

Painted with black Hammerite and all bolted together

I used a couple of bits of Uni-strut bolted through the A-bar and to the plate to attach the fairlead

Total cost - £20 for the angle iron and plate. The nuts, bolts, uni-strut, zebs and paint I had lying around.

I've still got to to do the wiring, I want to mount the solonoid in the engine bay so I'll need to get hold of some more heavy duty battery cable for that.

Next job will be a snorkel or body lift

Regards

TFB

looking good, done the same as i have on mine, thought it would be to low but offroad last week i have a better approach angle than a modded disco and modded rangie so i'm, well happy. its strongenought to pull a series landie up a 40 degree slope
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Excellent mod, mate, Good pics, and write up. Credit to ya!.....Cheers....Mick.
      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Thanks Mate! You have given me a new job to do in the future

Comment

Working...
        X