Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window guard

Hi all.

Has anyone ever fit a rear window guard to a surf so i can have the back window down but the dog can't jump out at the lights every time i stop.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

I seen a few on ebay for vans and 4x4's but not Surfs . May have to measure up a Freelander or similar for size .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
      I seen a few on ebay for vans and 4x4's but not Surfs . May have to measure up a Freelander or similar for size .
      Ye ive seen them on vans aswell, am hoping someone has fit one to a surf & tells me its the same one for a so & so.

If it comes to it im sure i could get one fabricated, it does'nt need to be strong just a barrier really.

Comment

Barjo made ours, its goes roof to floor with a door in it so you can have tailgate open and dog still safe.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I had a dog guard out of a Volvo V40 just inside the window, but I had to 'modify' the curve on the top corners. It needed about an inch chopping out of the wire frame, rebending and then weld the cut ends back together. Hinged at the top with a few cable ties. Quality job, it wasn't...
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
            I had a dog guard out of a Volvo V40 just inside the window, but I had to 'modify' the curve on the top corners. It needed about an inch chopping out of the wire frame, rebending and then weld the cut ends back together. Hinged at the top with a few cable ties. Quality job, it wasn't...
            Thats another thing, attaching it to the tailgate without making a pigs ear of it.
            When i come to sell the surf i don't want it to look butchered.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
              Barjo made ours, its goes roof to floor with a door in it so you can have tailgate open and dog still safe.
              Who's barjo?

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                Thats another thing, attaching it to the tailgate without making a pigs ear of it.
                When i come to sell the surf i don't want it to look butchered.
                4 small holes for the cable ties. All nice and tidy. Toby didn't even notice them..
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
                  4 small holes for the cable ties. All nice and tidy. Toby didn't even notice them..
                  I was thinking more duck tape.

Comment

A short(ish) bit of rope, tied one end to a rear seat belt and the other end around the mutt's neck, will suffice?
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      A short(ish) bit of rope, tied one end to a rear seat belt and the other end around the mutt's neck, will suffice?
                      He'd end up being strangeled.

Not a bad thing i suppose.

Comment

Who's barjo?
                        Google man, Google things!!!

http://www.barjo.co.uk/
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Who's barjo?
                          The number one name in rear door guards, travel crates, or full vehicle figments. You can thank me for the measurments, I had to spend a day there for them to measure the back end because they hadn't done a surf before. My guard lives on in the back of my sisters truck all these years later
                          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

used to use a universal dog guard similar to the type you see in argos etc. just fitted at the back of the boot rather than the front

=========
                            =SOLD UP!=
                            =========

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                              The number one name in rear door guards, travel crates, or full vehicle figments. You can thank me for the measurments, I had to spend a day there for them to measure the back end because they hadn't done a surf before. My guard lives on in the back of my sisters truck all these years later
                              Surfs not coming up on there site, plus mines a turd gen so slightly different.

Comment

Working...
                              X