Clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch

In looking for a 3 litre to buy i read this description on one "cluch was replaced and upgraded to a solid flywheel last year, when in traffic for a while it may judder a little, this is normal with this conversion." Is this true ?

Not too well up on this subject but i wouldn't have thought so, Judder indicates misalignment in my book, dunno what a "solid flywheel" is, i'd give it a miss, plenty of good trucks out there so you can be picky
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Actually......

MY old 4Runner used to judder slightly taking up the drive, did for the 60,000 miles I owned it, then ex wife had it for years after we parted, and 50% of solid flywheel conversions I've done are quite noisy gearbox wise after doing them, compared to before, you get a clattter from the gearbox when the clutch is up, espcially in neutral when idling.

I don't think the pickup clutch/flywheel combo isn't very refined, compared to the dual mass flywheel, but its certainly less ££ and more reliable. None have had any issues apart from the noise/judder.

I'd give it test drive and see how it feels before writing it off.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
      X