Body lift kits & wheels??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
    It's going to cost you a lot more to get 33's on than 31's so you need to decide what you want.

Fitting 33's on a 2.4 that is a daily driver is not a good idea in my opinion. The 2.4 is already slow enough without having to turn bigger heavier wheels and tyres so MPG will suffer. Ideally you would re-gear it to a better ratio to help with the power loss (big money). You will also need new wheels, BJ spacers, a panhard drop bracket or extended panhard rod, longer rear brake line, Longer rear shock absorbers, a set of lift springs or spacers, a Load compensator spacer bracket, extended rear roll bar drop links. - oh and a 2" bodlift kit too... Some people will be along soon to tell you that some of the bits I've listed are unnecessary on a 2" sus lift. I did them all to my truck so have listed them all here. Also a set of manual hubs helps with the front cv boots too..

Fitting 31's involves buying some new tyres, getting a un-noticable power loss and MPG hit and the option of a bodylift if you want it to look higher.

Big difference in the amount of work and the amount of money.

After saying all that I'm going to fit 33's to my 3.0. - Because I like the way they look
    PS... If uve stil got that steel wheel in ur garage (the new white one) let me know what u want for it with postage & I'll have it off u!! :-) cheers m8!

Comment

Originally posted by dannchucky View Post
      Anyone else got any comments on this cos I know loads of u guys on here run 33's but it seems that some of you get away with it just fine & others find it's a real pain & takes a lot of fiddling and adjusting to drive the truck on 33s without them rubbing, banging & clanging & the tyres being destroyed!!! Danny
      Don't worry about the tyres, the bodywork always loses.

Its vague because so much depends on the offset and width of the wheels. Our alloys have -54mm offset or something, and still rubbed with 33" BFG A/T's slightly with a 4" suspension lift, and 1 1/2" body lift. Till I took a BFH to the seam on the bulk head behind the mud flap and now its fine.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

And just out of interest, where is the best place 2 buy a 2 inch body lift kit from??... Seen a few about but none of them include bumper/radiator brackets!!

Comment

PS... If uve stil got that steel wheel in ur garage (the new white one) let me know what u want for it with postage & I'll have it off u!! :-) cheers m8!

Yep still got it - how about £20 and I'll meet you at Freeport, Braintree one Saturday afternoon ? (It's halfway between us...)

Cheers,
          Rob.

Comment

And just out of interest, where is the best place 2 buy a 2 inch body lift kit from??... Seen a few about but none of them include bumper/radiator brackets!!
            Contact Surfenstein on this forum. I got mine from 4crawler.com in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
              Yep still got it - how about £20 and I'll meet you at Freeport, Braintree one Saturday afternoon ? (It's halfway between us...)

Cheers,
              Rob.
              That sounds fine to me, but gonna have to leave it til another day cos working some long hours this weekend!! I'll be about a bit more nxt week but I'll have to let u know when!! Will be in touch asp mate!! What's ur e-mail addy & I'll message u direct! Danny

Comment

Working...
              X