No announcement yet.

What mods?..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a manual box and after reading some of the posts on here I believe makes a body lift a little more interesting to accomplish than on an auto. I think I'd like to see one thats been done before and had a closer look at the implications.

Towbar, foglight and exhaust is easy enough. Would like to get some spare wheels to put mud tyres on so I can swap them over easily. Whats the going rate for some none-too-clean wheels? Anyone got a set?
    Fear of death is the beginning of slavery

Comment

I've gotten hold of a spare set of wheels with 16 x 7 rims. My road tyres/wheels are 265/70R15. Does anyone know what size mud tyres I can fit to my new wheels without knocking the b'jesus out of my wheel arches? And where's a good place to get them?
      The mud tyres won't be used on the road as I'll swap over the wheels.
      Fear of death is the beginning of slavery

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Ona Bike View Post
        I've gotten hold of a spare set of wheels with 16 x 7 rims. My road tyres/wheels are 265/70R15. Does anyone know what size mud tyres I can fit to my new wheels without knocking the b'jesus out of my wheel arches? And where's a good place to get them?
        The mud tyres won't be used on the road as I'll swap over the wheels.
        I have a stock standard 3.0td Surf and have just fitted 265/75 R16 Maxis Bravo MT. They fit without any rubbing but it is quiet close. My surf is quiet high but it is as i got it from the import company. Hope this helps!1

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Ona Bike View Post
          I've got a manual box and after reading some of the posts on here I believe makes a body lift a little more interesting to accomplish than on an auto. I think I'd like to see one thats been done before and had a closer look at the implications.

Towbar, foglight and exhaust is easy enough. Would like to get some spare wheels to put mud tyres on so I can swap them over easily. Whats the going rate for some none-too-clean wheels? Anyone got a set?
          The more interesting things on the manual are to do with the gear shifters, you'll need to trim extra material where the sticks go through the body to the gearbox and also maybe invert the gaiters so they don't pull you out of gear.

The only other things which are standard for both the manual and auto are the rad drop and bumper lift brackets.

Oh, and they'll be lower too!

Thanks,

Ray.
          I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Working...
          X