Maximum diff drop to go with BJ lift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum diff drop to go with BJ lift?

Hi, I know you can drop the diff and anti-roll bar to help the CV angles when jacking the front of a 2nd Gen but most people seem to do this by only 1" irrespective of the lift they use.

Is it just to aleviate some of the extra angle by only going an inch or is that the maximum? Just wanted to know for when I do my BJ spacers.

Thanks,

Ray.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

One inch is enough for what you need.i have the 1 inch spacers fitted and never had a problem
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Ideal, I'll make some up.

Thanks.

Comment

don't forget its only the 2 you need and longer bolts
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

If the lift is for looks not function then drop the diff.

If it is for function you would better with manual hubs and leave the diff in it's new higher position.
          Brian

Comment

Stormforce, Thanks for the info, it's most helpful!

Yoshie, yeah, it's a bit of both to be honest, I'd prefer to keep the angle but can't afford the manual hubs at the moment so I may lift it again in the future when I a. have the cash and b. need it for harder terrain. You are right though, the looks part of it does come into it as I cranked the torsion bars to match the +2 rear springs I fitted which (as the old ones were seriously saggy) lifted the arse end by at least 4 inches and it looked like I was driving a door wedge!!
            I noticed the harder ride that the cranked torsion bars gave me (or rather my 1 year old daughter did) and I'd like to have the better ride back and still have the lift with the blocks.

Thanks all,

Ray.

Comment

Working...
            X