Springs rubbing on shocks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springs rubbing on shocks.

Fitted the spring tops to my LC springs today hoping that they'd pull the springs away from the shocks a bit more. But they didn't. One side has a gap of around 10mm between shock and spring, and on other side there's a gap of about a milimeter and the spring rubs on the shock when contracted. The shocks are procomp ES9000's. Has no one else had this problem? Any ideas why this is happening? What sort of gap do others that have fitted this lift have?

I had/have the same problem, but i still have the old shocks on there, it improved when i fitted the spring tops but still just touches one side, i intended getting the procomps without the top shrouds but aint done it yet, it's only the shrouds that rub, have oyur got shrouds on?
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

No i just got ES9000 +4"s. Just a thin rod at the top and the big thick part at the bottom.

Comment

The springs are located correctly in the spring seat (so that the end of the spring sits against the notch in the seat so it can't turn anymore clockwise).
        I can't really see how this can be fixed apart from getting new springs and/or shocks. Any idea if +2" springs will be ok with the +4" shocks or are they likely to bottom out when off roading?

Comment

my l/c springs have always rubbed slightly on the shocks.The mot's have never said anything about it so as far as i'm concerned it'll be ok.I have a look every so often just to make sure its not getting worse.
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
          X