yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspension/body lift/supertrux/drop plate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension/body lift/supertrux/drop plate...

Hi Guys

I have been in touch with Supertrux re a lift and explained to them that I tow a fairly heavy twin axeled boat trailor and asked what they recommend. They told me an XL, which is a 3" body lift along with 33x12.5x 15 tyres on new rims.

I haven't asked them this yet, but thought I'd throw it out to the forum... If I also went for a suspension lift although it would lift the towbar, couldn't I use a drop plate? Does this reduce the integrity/strength of the towing equipment? The other advantage I see is that my chassis would be further out of the water when launching/recovering... thoughts?...

Also can anyone comment on the work that supertrux do in northants and can anyone recommend them or anybody else - especially further North, I'm in W Yorks?

I don't fancy it myself as I am still trying to work out which end of the screwy to use!!

Cheers

Simon
    Cheers

Fernie

I have got a 2" body lift soon to be 3" bodylift and i got a 3" suspension lift.I tow a Ifor Williams car trailer and carry up to 2.1t on it.I have a drop plate on my tow bar and its all ok
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      I have got a 2" body lift soon to be 3" bodylift and i got a 3" suspension lift.I tow a Ifor Williams car trailer and carry up to 2.1t on it.I have a drop plate on my tow bar and its all ok
      Cheers, SF... all sounds fine then.

Can I then ask - would you recommend having it done then? Apart from it looking really cool and the extra height and clearance, do any of your mods including the tyres change any other aspect of the car - for example the ride/roll/stability etc.? Also, are you on standard wheel arches or are larger ones needed?

Cheers

Simon
      Cheers

Fernie

Comment

Originally posted by Fernie69 View Post

Can I then ask - would you recommend having it done then? Apart from it looking really cool and the extra height and clearance, do any of your mods including the tyres change any other aspect of the car - for example the ride/roll/stability etc.? Also, are you on standard wheel arches or are larger ones needed?

Cheers

Simon
        I've got the LA Aupertrux 2" suspension lift, and as long as you uprate the srpings, torsion bars, and shocks it doesn't effect the handleing at all (in fact if you fit uprated shocks, mine were the gas filled pro comps, it actually improves on road handleing). I haven't got round to a body lift yet (it's on the books) and am only running 31" tyres at present.

I didn't have them fit it but enlisted a retired mechanic (my father) to assist.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Also, are you on standard wheel arches or are larger ones needed?
          Provided wheels/tyres protrude 30mm or less from the original vehicle bodyplan, you're fine.
          Last edited by MattF; 11 October 2009, 02:35.

Comment

www.outrageousoffroad.co.uk
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

I have 2" suspension lift and 3" body lift with 33s all done by supertrux and have been giving it a good bashing off road and its all been fine i do not toe anything though!

Comment

Cheers

Simon
                Hi simon.
                Apart from me taking the anti roll bars off i get extra body roll but i am used to it and know how far to push the truck when cornering ect.
                Go for the lifts and you'll notice the difference and how good it looks.
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks all for your help and comments.

Cheers

Simon
                  Cheers

Fernie

Comment

Thanks all for your help and comments.

Cheers

Simon
                    Cheers

Fernie

Comment

If you want a lift at a fraction of the cost it can be done in your drive with basic tools for a few hundered quid.

x4 Shocks £200
                      x2 LC Springs £50
                      x2 Ball joint spacers £80
                      x1 Body lift kit £100

That lot will give you a 5" lift, 6" total once you fit 33" tyres.
                      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                        If you want a lift at a fraction of the cost it can be done in your drive with basic tools for a few hundered quid.

x4 Shocks £200
                        x2 LC Springs £50
                        x1 Body lift kit £100

Thanks for that - the trouble is my tool kit comprises of a biro and a calculator!
                        Cheers

Fernie

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post

x4 Shocks £200
                          x2 LC Springs £50
                          x1 Body lift kit £100

Thanks for that - the trouble is my tool kit comprises of a biro and a calculator!
                          Also igonre the above just noticed you have a thrid gen so the list will be
                          x4 shocks
                          x4 springs
                          and the body lift sorry.
                          Brian

Comment

Working...
                          X