can I put my 2.4L 91 on a 3.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can I put my 2.4L 91 on a 3.0?

LOL so our wrecker got a 3.0L surf with 100,00km and a 3.0(which looks brand new or fully rebuilt, but it was rolled. the frame and everything is good but the roofis just crushed and it looks like it was a gental flip backwards. I dont know much more as my stepfather is buddies with the guy who owns the wrecker and can get me it for cheap or free. my 2.4 is at 160,000km, this 3.0 has recaro seats and a gold "G" on the back, and I would like to know if its easier to put my body on the 3.0 thenput the 3.0 in my 1991 2.4L? if so then I will SAS my 2.4 chassis and cut the roof off the wrecked body and tube it up for a trail rig. I live in northern b.c. canada and you just dont come by somethiong like this very often. any info is appreciated and I will have many more questions and if Igo through with this I will doA build up thread.
    mmmmmm....... muuud

You will need the complete wire loom,ecu gearbox aswell.If your going to spend some time and doi it right then yes go for it.It is a lot of work tho.It would good to see someone do it and give a good write up and pics to go with it
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I would need my 2.4 wire loom/ecu to put my body on a newer chassis? I just wanted to un bolt everything in my engine bay and pile it up lol and remove everything else then remove my body and drop it on the newer chassis(i think its a 93') then put all the pieces of the puzzle back together!
      mmmmmm....... muuud

Comment

You will need to strip both trucks right out including the wiring looms, ecu etc then put your body on the newer chassis and start putting all the 3l stuff back in.
        A lot of work but if you have the time and patience could be worth doing.
        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Working...
        X