yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low profile rear bumper for 2nd gens......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that does look nice.
    Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      He has 2 blocks, with towing eyes screwed into them, attached directly to the chassis. I'm thinking about blocks, welded to the chasis, drilled to take my shackles. One of my recovery hook mountings is gubbed.
      Couldn't you just slip sections into the chassis rails and bolt through the chassis and the sections? Can't remember exactly what the front of the rails are like offhand, but I'm almost sure they are practically prepped for that type of setup, as is? It would save a permanent weld if so.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
        Couldn't you just slip sections into the chassis rails and bolt through the chassis and the sections? Can't remember exactly what the front of the rails are like offhand, but I'm almost sure they are practically prepped for that type of setup, as is? It would save a permanent weld if so.
        If it ever stops raining, I'll have a better look!
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

If it ever stops raining, I'll have a better look!
          We've got rid of the rain for the moment. Stuck with extrememly blustery winds though. I'll nip out and have a look at the logeygen in a minute and check.

Comment

Scrub that idea. I must have been thinking of the wrong end of the chassis. The crossmember goes all the way across the rail ends. There is a threaded hole in the front of the crossmember, (end of the side rail area), but not sure if that alone would be strong enough to hold one of those recovery eyes?

Comment

if you need things drawing up in cad then i can do it! or if you want a copy a can send one to you! 2000 or 2008?

was going to do rock sliders as a test make them out of timber then cad it up then give it to a steel fabricator (my uncle) to make and fit them!

if you can draw it you can build it! just need measurements!
              http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Re,ember their work on the front, awesome as is the rear, they are the ones who give me the idea of makeing one myself, would still like to if i ever source stainless in that sort of thickness i can afford, even thought of makeing templates in card as well (honest) no point in even starting till i have the metal tho, (if ever)
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I'm having picture/file issues!

Spent the last hour trying to find the auto cads for those bumpers. Very nice and European too.
                  May be able to do something regarding Cads for a front bumper soon just need to confirm a few things 1st

Comment

Stein, di you ever get the measurements/drawings etc from Aviator??
                    i love that truck and the fire yellow paint! i may have to follow suit
                    i would def be interested in the rear bumper if someone could fab it for me.

Comment

Both bumpers are awesome and so is the yallow 4runner!
                      Really hoping to get both bumpers fabbed for mine this winter. My mate at
                      www.xjrestorations is an absolute ace welder (and he owes me cos i built his office for nowt) so i just have to buy the metal (thru him) and cut and shape it!!!
                      Alan
                      (and i'm definately going to fab templates for all the parts in something like 6mm MDF so i keep the measurements and plans)
                      www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X