Steering lock mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering lock mods?

i am after more lock on the surf, any ideas how i can safely achieve this. any mods anyone has done that works?

adjust the steering bump stops.I cant see why you would want more lock as your most likely going to cause excessive cv wear
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

found i suffered on first trials outing compared to the other 4x4s. even been told by a mate who used to have hiluxs and now has a jeep cherokee that the hilux has terrible lock. got another trial day next month and want to improve. expect wear shouldnt be too much more as only low speeds

Comment

You may find if you go far beyond the steering stops (assuming you're thinking of this level of modification) you'll 'lock' the CVs. It's possible to do it with too much front articulation (ie if you cut down front bump stops), so it might be possible to do it with too much steering lock. This, as you probably know, means the near instant death of a CV.

Why on earth did you pick a Surf as a trials truck??? It's possibly the worst choice I've heard of!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

i didnt i chose it as my daily driver and for doing green laning. went to an rtv and had lots of fun. also like the challenge of doing it in something a bit different to a short land rover. plus the grin factor for gettin through stuff and watching shorter and higher trucks get stuck is priceless. may just stick with the standard lock cant be bothered constantly changing cv's too much like hard work.

Comment

Working...
          X