suspension lift.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension lift.

hi all. I'm interested in raising my 4 runner a bit, not really rich enough to go extreme, couple of inches extra will do. I've read lots of posts on here and it seems i have a few options. Looked at roughtrax and a kit is 350 quid, bit steep for me. Looked at 4 crawlers site which is very imformative and they do 2 ball joint spacers and 2 coil spring spacers for 222 dollers posted to here which equates to about 130 quid. Has anybody got a kit like the states one going cheap or do you know of a uk company that does a similar kit? Is it really as straight forward to do as it sounds in their online instructions?

If its simply for appearances sake, why not just do a bodylift? Somewhere in the region of £80 and an hours simple work.

Otherwise, coil spacers and BJ spacers will work OK.

You may have noted its possible to use landcruiser springs on the back, which will lift around 2" - 3", then a pair of BJ spacers on the front - also comes to about £150.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Yes its partly for appearance but i do fancy doin a bit of off roading, still tryin to find somewhere i can do it without scrambling the local police helicopter and gettin arrested anybody with suggestions where around the south yorks area? Another reason i was interested in the u.s kit was it says it lifts the front around 1.5 inches and the back by 2 inches which would compensate for the bit of sag i have on the back end.

Comment

If you have 1.5" BJ spacers, that will give an almost 1.5" lift. You can then tune that by tweaking the torsion bars. So you can lift the rear by whatever method, and then tune the front to suit.

I know people have had good results using the roughtrax +2" springs, and I expect these are a similar rate to the original springs. The LC ones are MUCH stiffer (too stiff IMO)
        Last edited by Apache; 6 August 2009, 18:52.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

hi mate, i can sort you out a cheap and easy lift kit for £50 with blocks and bolts if need be just let me know

Comment

I've fancied putting a lift on the hilux (and on my disco's before) but time and pennies stopped me. Now though I could afford it but I don't quite get the benefit as the lowest point stays the same, axels nd difs.

Aren't you better off buying tyres as big as possible to get more clearence - seams to me there's lots of space for bigger tyres on my hilux.

Yours in probable stupidity
            Alex

Comment

To put 33's on the Surf, you'd need a combined lift of 4" overall to prevent them rubbing on the bodywork, if I remember correctly. The general method tends to be doing both a body lift and suspension lift to achieve that required 4".

Comment

Wot he said!, looking at the truck it would seem theres enough room for bigger tyres and there is, the problems start when you turn the steering wheel, the tyres will foul the wheel arch, depending on the size of tyre you have in mind you will need to lift accordingly, for a 33" on standard off set rim you'll need about 4" of overall lift, useuall done by 2" body and 2" sus lift, this is the easiest to accomplish without major alteration to the suspension and gear shift/steering columb etc, any more than than 2" on the body will req you extending the shifts and the columb (welding a bit in) and the fuel filler hose, and prob some stuff i forgot, any more on the sus can be expensive, (have a look on the LA Supertrux web)
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                X