Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My shopping list..

My Roughtrax shopping list.
    A Full 2" Desert Fox suspension lift kit, kit comprises of. (LK008)
    Uprated Torsion Bars (Pair)
    Rear Coil Spring Kit (Pair)
    2x Front Desert Fox Gas Shocks
    2x Rear Desert Fox Gas Shocks
    Brakeline kit
    2x Manual Free Wheeling Hub (ACC229)
    5x Kumho KL71 MT 31x10.5/15 (TY008)

2x Ball joint spacers (who can i get these off?)

is there anything im missing and will this all work, i think from all the post i have been reading for the last few hours this is about the right lift for the tyres but want to check before i commit to handing over the cash.
    Show me where the trench is at or can i make one!

Hi Rich,speak to stein for the bj spacers
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      Hi Rich,speak to stein for the bj spacers
      thank you, for the info.
      hows things with you Rich?

Comment

Mine came running 31s off the boat, before I lifted her. So after the lift 31's will be fine.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
          Mine came running 31s off the boat, before I lifted her. So after the lift 31's will be fine.
          thank you.

Is good to see that im on the right track.
          i thought that i could get some 31" on with out a lift but as there wider wheels i would have thought on the travel up they could meet with the arch and that not a good thing.

Comment

You're tyres should fit fine without the lift ? What wheels are you using?

Got my bj spacers from this bloke

Rob.

Comment

no question is stupid one but... why need ball joint spacers for +2" suspension lift. i put one on mine got it from rough trax and just got the torsion bars coil springs and shocks and boots for shocks all seems fine???
              http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

really really really think about whether you wil be happy with just ther 31's I went from standard size road tyres, to 31's (AT's) then to 31's (muds) then decided that I just had to go bigger and did suspension and body lift and put 33's on. All in the space of 11 months of owning the Surf.

All I'm saying is had I thought about it more I would have just gone striaght to 33's and saved some cash, time and faff.

Having said that if you are definite, then go for it

the31's fitted fine with no lift BTW

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
                  no question is stupid one but... why need ball joint spacers for +2" suspension lift. i put one on mine got it from rough trax and just got the torsion bars coil springs and shocks and boots for shocks all seems fine???

Have a look at your upper bumpstops (under the top arm) and see if you have any space there - when I wound mine up I ended up having the arm about 5mm from the stop which meant I had no extention on the front. Every time I went over a pothole the whole truck lurched into it rather than just the wheel. Basically it made the truck feel bad. I fitted 3/4" spacers and it's much nicer to drive now.

Also gives a bit more articulation.

You have to factor in the cost of re-alignment when you do the spacers so add in anothe ~£80 or so.

Rob.

Comment

Working...
                  X