Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Stainless Air Induction Filter

Hi folks

here are some pictures of my new stainless air filter i managed to drill 19mm aprox hole for the senor i blanked the breather pipe off the rocker and fitted a small filter on the rocker cover breather as the turbo was sucking oil through it and making dirty black smoke since then i have no more smoke
    regards spike

JUST KEEP SURFING !!!!!!

thats very nice,but i can see one problem.your going to be picking up warm/hot air straight from the rad and engine,so in theory you will have less performance,might be an idea to try and get a bit more pipe and get it closer to the inner wing and see if you can duct some cooler air into that area.just a suggestion.oh and you will also find that the rocker breather will get soaked in oil very quickly,thats why you have an enclosed breather system.
    Last edited by surfenstein; 28 April 2009, 20:14.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

very nice mate,but what will happen when you hit a big puddle which you will at some point,even in an standed air box there is a lower point( pre air fillter) to the air box with a bleed hole to let any water our that may get in,not all but most fillters have this with out going in to it too much and having loads of surfers shouting at me,i was out last weekend and hit a not so big muddy puddel and when i looked under my bonnet there was a lot of mud and water going on,if only a small amount gets in(bang)and sports air fillter on a offroad 4x4???,if your sticking with it mate defo get it out the way,i use to race renault 5 turbo cup cars,and i remember big air fillters had to be out the way or we lost BHP on rolling road,go for a snorkel it acts like a ram air system and cooool air that is
      Not going to rest till its broke

Comment

Working...
      X