Suspension lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension lift

Hi all...iam gona be doing a 2 inch suspension lift soon for my gen 3,but having probs finding a kit? roughtraz list pro comps but not in stock,did hear a rumour pro comp gona bust? ive seen land cruiser rear shocks and springs can be fitted but no mention of fronts,has any one fitted fronts or would they be to hard for a surf? also (sorry another question ) what size tyres can i get away with as still use it for every day ? got 265/70 r16 avons on at mo...looking at getting kumho kl71 but unsure of size as if poss wana raise the diff? thanks for any help

Richard

if you email barry at rough trax he will keep you informed of pro comp and if they have alteratives or when he will be getting another shipment in. i got the 2" suspension lift from rough trax. it is a lot better than the factory stuff!

i dont know about the landcruiser suspension fitting the surf? but i have 265/75/R16 on now and looking at it probably could have got away with 285's or 33" i was just a bit concerned about full lock on the front but probably be fine.

raising the diff is hard really the only way is by bigger tyres as the back is govened by the solid axel and tyre size and if you do a 3" lift you have to lower the front diff as the angle of the CV is to great. i probably would do a 2" suspension lift and a 1" or 2" body lift to get a good lift then possibly 35" tyres on?? but you dont have to listen to me!
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
      if you email barry at rough trax he will keep you informed of pro comp and if they have alteratives or when he will be getting another shipment in. i got the 2" suspension lift from rough trax. it is a lot better than the factory stuff!

i dont know about the landcruiser suspension fitting the surf? but i have 265/75/R16 on now and looking at it probably could have got away with 285's or 33" i was just a bit concerned about full lock on the front but probably be fine.

raising the diff is hard really the only way is by bigger tyres as the back is govened by the solid axel and tyre size and if you do a 3" lift you have to lower the front diff as the angle of the CV is to great. i probably would do a 2" suspension lift and a 1" or 2" body lift to get a good lift then possibly 35" tyres on?? but you dont have to listen to me!
      thanks i email rough trax
      i wanted bigger tyres to raise diff height,dont wana go mad with suspension lift cause of front c.v joints? not to sure bout body lift yet ?
      thanks for reply
      Richard

Comment

tjm or ome from oec or tbr think there about £600 +
        running 265 75 16 on my turd gen
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

imho,you wouldnt get that much difference in diff height unless your going to fit 33" tyres these will only give you around an inch in height,depending on what width rim you use but for these to fit you would need a body lift as well as a sus lift.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

i emailed rough trax and they will have stock in as from 1st june.

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
              imho,you wouldnt get that much difference in diff height unless your going to fit 33" tyres these will only give you around an inch in height,depending on what width rim you use but for these to fit you would need a body lift as well as a sus lift.
              oh ok do you reckon ill be best to stick to 265/75 r16 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Badrs View Post
                oh ok do you reckon ill be best to stick to 265/75 r16 ?
                dont get me wrong im not saying dont do it,im simply saying dont expect a massive difference in pinion height.on a 35 " tyre you will only ever get a maximum difference of about 1 1/2" in pinion height over a 31" tyre.but in doing so it creates a lot of work and a lot of money spent for little gain.just didnt want you to be dissapointed after spending all that money and finding youve only gained about half an inch.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

dont get me wrong im not saying dont do it,im simply saying dont expect a massive difference in pinion height.on a 35 " tyre you will only ever get a maximum difference of about 1 1/2" in pinion height over a 31" tyre.but in doing so it creates a lot of work and a lot of money spent for little gain.just didnt want you to be dissapointed after spending all that money and finding youve only gained about half an inch.
                  what size would you recomend,and make? just dont want the landrover monkeys i go off roading with getting the better of me......saying that ive pulled them out of places more than ive been pulled lol

Comment

it depends a lot on your budget and wether you will be doing a lot of offroading,i myself like a lot of other here have two sets of wheels,one for road use and the other for offroad use,i have all terrains fitted for road use,31x10.5x15 marshals. but for offroading i have a set of micky thomson baja claws also 31x10.5x15.a good set of mud tyres will in my honest opinion get you out of most sticky situations,so i would be spending my money there to start with.get yourself a decent set of mt,s and an air compressor/tyre inflator,deflate the mt,s to about 20psi when offroad and give yourself a better footprint,you will be amazed at what the surf can really do offroad.
                    Last edited by surfenstein; 25 April 2009, 21:20.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

it depends a lot on your budget and wether you will be doing a lot of offroading,i myself like a lot of other here have two sets of wheels,one for road use and the other for offroad use,i have all terrains fitted for road use,31x10.5x15 marshals. but for offroading i have a set of micky thomson baja claws also 31x10.5x15.a good set of mud tyres will in my honest opinion get you out of most sticky situations,so i would be spending my money there to start with.get yourself a decent set of mt,s and an air compressor/tyre inflator,deflate the mt,s to about 20psi when offroad and give yourself a better footprint,you will be amazed at what the surf can really do offroad.
                      that was my plan 2 sets of wheels.hopefully be doing quite a bit this year.to be honest iam surprised all ready and shocked the landrover guys!! go off roading then drive home in comfort lol......thanks for help mate

Comment

afternoon m8

on my 3rd gen (standard suspension apart form 20% stronger rear springs) i run on 265/75 R16 maxxis Mt's with no rubiing.

I run then as daily driver and they are better on the road that my old Kuhmo AT's.

for total off road superiority stick locking diffs in both front & rear - nothing will stop you then - pricey tho'

hope this helps

hawaii
                        I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii View Post
                          afternoon m8

on my 3rd gen (standard suspension apart form 20% stronger rear springs) i run on 265/75 R16 maxxis Mt's with no rubiing.

I run then as daily driver and they are better on the road that my old Kuhmo AT's.

for total off road superiority stick locking diffs in both front & rear - nothing will stop you then - pricey tho'

hope this helps

hawaii
                          when funds allow iwas gona look into a rear locker?

Comment

Working...
                          X