Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2" bodylift to 3.0l manual

Alrite guys.

Im planning on getting a 2" bodylift on the surf.

Just have a few questions so be gentle. lol

First off. Where abouts do you guys reccomend I should get it. Would love to make the parts myself but dont have access to any lathes etc anymore

Also being a 3.0L and a manual what else needs doing. Rad, steering column, gear stick etc.

From what I have read the rad doesnt seem to need any new brackets to move it. Other than that Im pretty stumped.

If you guys throw any advice my way that would be great.

Thanks

Dan

Kits are available from Surfenstien or TonyN as far as I know. You're right about not needing to move the rad because it's a 3.0ltr. For the steering you just relax the joints on the column before lifting then do them up after you're done. There's enough play to allow 2" lift. As for gear stick I'm stumped there as I got an auto, but if they're similar you'll find the gear sticks will sit lower as the body's been lifted, you may need to cut away the opening for the sticks to let them move properly and engage. There's some more help here along with pictures from the Aussie forum http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/bodylift.htm
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Cool will get hold of them to see how much they cost.

The rest seems pretty straight forward.

I noticed that that guide was done on a manual. And they added some exrta legnth to the gear stick.

Anyone had any experience lifting a manual who has done this or knows of anything else.

Comment

Fitted the 2" lift to mine with no major hassles.

I didn't extend the gearstick at all and actually feel it is now at a better height than before the lift, but thats just my opinion.

Didn't have to grind away any metal around the gear stick opening when it was first lifted, just inverted the lower of the 2 rubber gaiters. Everything worked fine but it would occasionally jump out of 2nd and 4th gears.

In the end I rotated the steel plate that holds the gaiters in place by 180 degrees front to back, moves them back fractionally, and all now works perfectly.

As for the radiator I did lower it using the brackets I got with the lift kit as I felt the top hoses were stretched too tight and didn't want them blowing on me.

Also don't forget to check the filler hose for your diesel tank as this can become disconnected when you raise the body. There is a removable panel for checking this.

Comment

Thanks bud.

Will give that a go once I get one and go to fit it.

Out of interest have you still got your surf (green/silver one)??

I dont suppose you ever remember seeing another green over silver surf up your way up untill last dec.

Comment

Originally posted by djp_y2k View Post
            Thanks bud.

Will give that a go once I get one and go to fit it. Let us know how you get on

Out of interest have you still got your surf (green/silver one)?? Yup still running the same one. Can't see me changing it for awhile either as it still runs well.

I dont suppose you ever remember seeing another green over silver surf up your way up untill last dec. Only other green over silver I remember seeing around here was a 3rd Gen owned by Antshiel

Comment

Joker had a green over silver 2nd gen which i bought as a breaker.Still got 3 doors and i think the wings but not sure abd a bonnet
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                Only asked as I bought mine from up in Hinckley. Just surprised to see another one same colour scheme and a 3.0l manual.

Yea once get the kit fitted will get some pics up and what I needed to do. Just need it and the tyres. lol

Comment

Working...
                X