X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De-chromed photos.....

BDT2, look away now.

and the finished engine install........

and my spots with built-in sidelights, plus I've fitted 21w (indicator bulbs)bulbs in the truck sidelights....

I know, I need to finish the bonnet now!

LOVE the engine install mate.

Unbelievably neat an tidy!! Great job you've done on it!!

I'll give you a shout next year for advice on mine!

(i wish)

Comment

looks the business mate....

VERY VERY nice....
      One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

(i wish)
        I browse e-bay now and then for LS400s, oh so tempting. Think you're truck needs some mud though Vince, it'll look loads better.
        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

(i wish)

Cheers Rod.

Get rid of that Scimitar and blag yourself an LS400 while they're cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
            I browse e-bay now and then for LS400s, oh so tempting. Think you're truck needs some mud though Vince, it'll look loads better.
            With the price of scrap metal at the moment, I'm thinking of buying another just for the engine and trans. then weighing in the shell. Should get at least two thirds of my money back.

Comment

Looks MUCH better de-chromed Vince, and the engine install looks totally factory.

I'm inclined to say... deep breath... its looks BETTER without mud!
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Cheers Rod.

Get rid of that Scimitar and blag yourself an LS400 while they're cheap.
                End of this week were clearing out so My Dad an i can put a big shed/workshop at the bottom of the Garden.

That will help clear the garage so i'll have a bit of storage. Along with my grans place an my Uncles i think i could probably squeeze an LS400 in somewhere to pull the engine an transmission out of.

Got another project that im researching ready for starting beggining of next year!!! Once thats done i'll have a 2nd truck on the road so the surf could be put in the garage for a few months an i wouldn't mind!!

So, I think im going to put V8 on the cards at some point!

Comment

End of this week were clearing out so My Dad an i can put a big shed/workshop at the bottom of the Garden.

That will help clear the garage so i'll have a bit of storage. Along with my grans place an my Uncles i think i could probably squeeze an LS400 in somewhere to pull the engine an transmission out of.

Got another project that im researching ready for starting beggining of next year!!! Once thats done i'll have a 2nd truck on the road so the surf could be put in the garage for a few months an i wouldn't mind!!

So, I think im going to put V8 on the cards at some point!
                  Just to warn you, an LS400 is about 8"-10" wider than a Surf!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    Just to warn you, an LS400 is about 8"-10" wider than a Surf!!
                    Really?!?

Would never have guessed that mate... They look pretty long!! Well, If its wider then i expected its probably a lot longer then i expect!

Might have to make sure i know exacty what i need when the time comes for one so i can get it in an out in a week or so.

Comment

looks nice without the chrome i like thegrill,but id have gone grey on bumpers,and smoothed the boot wud look nice with some v8 badges?

Comment

Really?!?

Would never have guessed that mate... They look pretty long!! Well, If its wider then i expected its probably a lot longer then i expect!

Might have to make sure i know exacty what i need when the time comes for one so i can get it in an out in a week or so.
                        [Rod was last seen sneaking round Southampton Airport's car park armed with a tape measure]
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                          looks nice without the chrome i like thegrill,but id have gone grey on bumpers,and smoothed the boot wud look nice with some v8 badges?
                          One on each front mud flap....

another next to the off-side rear light.....(Had to buy it though)

Apache made the ones along the sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            Looks MUCH better de-chromed Vince, and the engine install looks totally factory.

I'm inclined to say... deep breath... its looks BETTER without mud!
                            Gawd bless ya, you know it makes sense.

To be honest, now the shitty weather months are approaching I don't mind getting it dirty.

Comment

looks good,good job of filling the holes for the focus side repeaters too ,no hose yet btw

Comment

Working...
                              X