yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you get BJ spacers larger than 1.5 inch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you get BJ spacers larger than 1.5 inch?

Possibly showing my general numptyness but can you get BJ spacers that give more than 1.5 inch?
    If I'm sticking say a three inch lift on the back would it not be better to have say three inch spacers on the front to level everything out without having to touch the torsion bars, also giving you the opportunity to use the torsion bars for a bit of extra lift in the future if, say I then put coil spacers on the back at a later date?

I've got some 2" B/J spacers that I no longer need now 'cos I fitted a lighter engine and I gained an instant lift!!

You can have them for what I paid for them plus post, but I'll have to check with the stein bloke first.

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
      If I'm sticking say a three inch lift on the back would it not be better to have say three inch spacers on the front to level everything out without having to touch the torsion bars
      definitely not as your front geometry will be completely shot. 1.5" spacers changes the geometry enough that it changes your camber noticeably.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Hmm, thought there must be something sensible like that. So are the 2" spacers too much or OK?

How do those sticking say 5" sus lifts on lift the front then?

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
          Hmm, thought there must be something sensible like that. So are the 2" spacers too much or OK?

How do those sticking say 5" sus lifts on lift the front then?
          With difficulty! I would have thought you'd need altered wishbones and allsorts for a large front SUSPENSION lift. There's a definite limit with IFS, and thats the steepness of your driveshaft angles and length of wishbones.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

This link gives an idea of whats involved in a proper 4" lift.

http://www.off-road.com/trucks4x4/ar....jsp?id=186543

Comment

Balljoint spacers aren't really designed to give suspension lift - their primary purpose is to increase suspension travel. The fact that you can get more lift with them fitted is almost a by-product. Also, if you're looking for lots of front lift the first thing to fit is manual locking hubs to give your cv joints a chance.
              Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Working...
              X