ATF cooler location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache View Post
    My nearest 'motor factors' (not Halfrauds - they wouldn't know what it was if they fell over it) is in Worcester, a 20 mile reound trip. The cost of going and getting it would be higher.

And anyway, mine's posh

you girl, i drive 25miles (i converted it from km just for you guys :P ) to work every day... one way :P

altho, i would go ebay aswell... just coz it means its to my door

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      My nearest 'motor factors' (not Halfrauds - they wouldn't know what it was if they fell over it) is in Worcester, a 20 mile reound trip. The cost of going and getting it would be higher.

And anyway, mine's posh
      There must be a back street motor supplies nearer than that, if not there's an opening for a business venture.

Comment

There isn't. There used to be but now its 'affordable housing' and LIDL.

I went in for filters for the truck (he stocked them) a bit back, and he told me since Halfrauds opened, his business had halved.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by evil_jesus View Post
          it wont go in...lol
          my aircon rad is in the way
          Think its all just going in the bin....
          Are we talking about the same grill?????

Your aircon rad should be under the car. The grill I'm talking about is the bit between your headlights. To the left of your nearside headlight should be loads of room to fit a cooler.

Its slightly further from the existing ATF pipes which is why you'll need longer hoses.
          Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Well, if the aircon rad is under the car then i seem to have a spare rad in front of my main one....lol

Comment

Well, if the aircon rad is under the car then i seem to have a spare rad in front of my main one....lol
              Grill off and some pics please!

Sounds like you may already have a tranny cooler fitted. I wouldn't have thought it would be an oil cooler.

Your aircon rad should be behind the lower bash plate.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo View Post
                Grill off and some pics please!

Sounds like you may already have a tranny cooler fitted. I wouldn't have thought it would be an oil cooler.

Your aircon rad should be behind the lower bash plate.
                Not on the 3.0.

Comment

Tut! Boyo... schoolboy error.

Aircon rad in front of main rad on 3.0, and Australian 2.4 as i found last weekend!
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

LOL - didn't even look at what engine he had

hahaha

A few more of those and maybe I get to keep my IOTY award.................

Comment

What size cooler did you go for and how did you fix it to the rad? would zip tie hols it or would they melt?

Comment

2.4 or 3lt there's got to be some room in the air flow to fit a small(ish) cooler!
                        must admit i did'nt know the air con rad on the 3's was infront of the main rad, seems a bit daft, surely thats restricting the main rad and passing warm air from the air con rad to the main rad it's a wonder the 3's dont suffer with overheating,
                        anyway could you not fix it to the grill (on the outside) spray it black or summat so it aint so noticeable (or RED and be bold, make a social statement
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

The only place i have found now to put it is bolted horizontaly to the cross member thingy in this picture ( below the fan ), but even there i dont think it will get the best results as part of the cooler will not allow air to flow freely thought it

Comment

Right! well it looks the same as mine, cant see the cooler or the ac rad, or have you removed it? will it fit in either of the squares indicated? the lower one will be behind the lower vallence (under the bumper) and should get air there, or in front of the rad (top square) even in front of a crossmember it'll work as long as there's a small gap behind and free airflow in front
                            Attached Files

Comment

sorry, that pic is from Boyo's write up
                              But yea, the bottom one just behind the valace is prob goon have to do although some of the air flow will be a tad restricted

Thanks for all the info and advice chaps

Comment

sorry, that pic is from Boyo's write up
                                But yea, the bottom one just behind the valace is prob goon have to do although some of the air flow will be a tad restricted

Thanks for all the info and advice chaps
                                No wonder it looks the same as mine (only dirtier)
                                if you can get it behind the valence slots it should get plenty of air flow,
                                post some pics when ya all done

Comment

Working...
                                X