ATF cooler location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATF cooler location

I bought one of these coolers a while ago and have just got round to trying to fit it , but cant find a place to put it at all, thought about mounting it in the bash plate as i dont do much off roading really, and cant get it in between the grill and aircon rad, so.... im not really sure at all
    Any simple solutions or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

got one of those fitted on my truck, I used the straps that came with it to tie it through the radiator. Similar to Boyo's guide http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ght=ATF+cooler
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

just cant get it to fit down there .....Think it because the 2.4's air con rad is somewhere below im sure i read some where.
      thats how i wanted to do it and why i got that one as he done a great idiot proof guide for the likes of me
      Last edited by evil_jesus; 4 August 2008, 10:23.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_jesus View Post
        just cant get it to fit down there .....Think it because the 2.4's air con rad is somewhere below im sure i read some where.
        thats how i wanted to do it and why i got that one as he done a great idiot proof guide for the likes of me
        There isn't enough time!

Comment

What about here?

with Mitsubishi intercooler fan for when moving slowly but with load on transmission

And 'boxed in' for protection

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

looks good place Apache, but i dont want to have to start cutting my bumper up mate.....looking for something a little easier

Comment

Stuck mine here at the front, i'm getting the feeling we did this before
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Popeye
                i'm getting the feeling we did this before
                Yes...im sure we have, but its doing my nut in,
                so really appreciate your Patience fellas

Comment

Originally posted by evil_jesus View Post
                  Yes...im sure we have, but its doing my nut in,
                  so really appreciate your Patience fellas
                  Thats ok mate, anywhere in front will do ya, all depends if you want to "show" it off or have it consealed, i'm just a show off
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I can't think why you can't get it in there (ooo, errr).

If you remove the grill and bumper as shown in the pics you should have plenty of access. I think the only air con thing in that area is the small cylindrical dryer unit.

OK - just been out to have a looksee.

You should have enough room behind the grill, to the right of the auxillary fan. You will need extra pipe though. Any motor factors will have some - just use 8 or 10mm fuel line or something similar.

Lay the cooler horizontally with the inlet/outlet pointing towards the nearside of the truck.

Doing it this way you may not need to get the bumper off either.
                    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

it wont go in...lol
                      my aircon rad is in the way
                      Think its all just going in the bin....

Comment

The hose I used is 3/8" and fits perfick. Two metres from aBay was about £8 I think.

How about a mesh grill in the bonnet and fit it under there? I always thought Surf's should have more holes in the bonnet...

Comment

could you use copper pipe to get you around tricky bends?
                          Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            The hose I used is 3/8" and fits perfick. Two metres from aBay was about £8 I think.
                            It's around £1.60 per metre from motor factors.

Comment

My nearest 'motor factors' (not Halfrauds - they wouldn't know what it was if they fell over it) is in Worcester, a 20 mile reound trip. The cost of going and getting it would be higher.

And anyway, mine's posh

Comment

Working...
                              X