Fitting BMW Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting BMW Lights

I recall a truck that was on E-bay a while ago that had the headlights from an E30 BMW. Was thinking about doing a similar mod to my truck Anyone know much about those sort of lights, and how they could be grafted into a surf. I'm guessing the outer lights on the BMW cluster are side lights and the inner lights are for dipped/high beam. So wiring would be a case of matching the appropriate ones from the surf into the new lights (easy enough job to do with a meter?) This would then leave my existing side lights not doing anything, so would it be possible to make them act as indicators? Just plug in the wires from indicators and put in an amber bulb. Your thoughts please
    Hold my beer and watch this

I think it's outer lights dipped/sidelights, inner lights are main beam.
    Your best bet would be to get the lights complete with their 'bowls' or part of the front of the beemer that they fit to, then see what welding/fibre-glassing is required to get them to fit the surf.
    The surf sidelights could be retained or converted to indicators.

Anything is possible with the right tools/parts/know-how/space/cash.

Comment

There are complete light units on e-bay, even some with plastic surround. It's been done before, just a shame the person who did it never told anyone else. Will possibly have a go over the summer
      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

e30 bm's have a seperate indicator,a la surf,so keep them,use yr original sidelights,and have a fiddle,i was gonna do the same,but then found this grill,and i now like the surf lights

Comment

Working...
        X