Reversing Light to Fog Light Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reversing Light to Fog Light Swap

Ok I'm tired of bashing my rear fog light, plus I've now removed the rear bumper. So I've taken the adive from here http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/foglight.htm
    But my reversing light is on the side rather than on the tailgate, so here's a write up for doing it.

Step 1:
    Remove the rear driver's side light cluster. It's fixed on by 2 10mm bolts, then push out and pop off.

Step 2:
    Locate the positive wire for your fog light (mine was red) and the positive wire for the reversong light (mine was red with a blue tracer)

Step 3:
    Splice the fog light wire into the reversing light and seal the dead end of the reversing light wire.

Step 4:
    Test to make sure everything's is working ok, then put everything back together again. All that's left to do is paint the bulb red, of get a red bulb.
    Hold my beer and watch this

good idea i just ripped mine off lol, i will do this tomorow thanks

Comment

Not wanting to put a dampner on things but I wired the fog light to one of the reverse lights by the number plate and coloured it red and the MOT tester failed the truck for it saying it has to be a max of so many cm from the edge of the truck or in the middle so I had to put it back under the bumper. Ive since seen lots that are similar including new cars so whether he was right or not i'm not sure but I had a free retest and thought it wasn't worth the agro.

Comment

my mot tested thinks its fine...

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          Not wanting to put a dampner on things but I wired the fog light to one of the reverse lights by the number plate and coloured it red and the MOT tester failed the truck for it saying it has to be a max of so many cm from the edge of the truck or in the middle so I had to put it back under the bumper. Ive since seen lots that are similar including new cars so whether he was right or not i'm not sure but I had a free retest and thought it wasn't worth the agro.
          Is that the reversing light built into the tailgate? As mine's on the light cluster on the side because I have a rear mounted spare wheel.

Comment

Never thought of that. Sounds like a top idea! Surf reversing lights are worthless anyway!
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              Never thought of that. Sounds like a top idea! Surf reversing lights are worthless anyway!
              Blimey, one of my ideas is approved!! Not used to that where I work so it makes a nice change lol

Comment

Working...
              X