front mounted ATF cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front mounted ATF cooler

I finally got it on and plumbed, i got this BMW cooler about 3-4 months ago and one of the main reasons i did'nt fit it then was the ports on it, i thought i'd have to get someone to alloy weld or whatever two pipes on there but i found some comp fittings that i think are for air and a tap near enough the same thread, they've wound in there pretty tight along with some PTFE and a dab of chemicle metal, i then turned down two air hose tails and smeared more chemicle metal on em and wound them up finished the things off with a pair of 22mm straight couplers filled with,,,,,,,,,,,,, yes!!! more chemicle metal.
    if these bleeders leak i'll eat em the rest you can gleen from the pics, i did make a bracket to hold the two temp gauges sender blocks which were previously just cable tied up under there when my last attempt at a cooler leaked like a sieve, these sender blocks came with the gauges (chinese) and consist of a alloy sq block drilled out on each side (4) to take the hose tails (one each side) the sender, and the other side blanked off, a point in their favour was you get plenty of fitting with the kit even if it is cr@ply made
    I've bypassed the old connections in the main rad as i think this cooler will be more than enough, and at some point i'll get one of those 4 port thermo valves to build the fluid temp up quicker but for now this'll do,
    all thats left is check the level tomorrow, only lost about a tea cup full, i suppose it drains back to the sump?
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

forgot i mounted it on small rubber engine mount type things, take some of the viabration off it,

Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
    X