cooling engine down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooling engine down

here is a mod to cool that hot engine down.it works done it myself.
    fit a big air intake in the middle of the bonnet. here are my readings before
    the intake was installed normal driving 80c water temp/under bonnet air temp
    anywhere between 42c and 70+ 70+when stood still
    with intake installed water temp 60/80c under bonnet temp 10c to 45c
    10c was outside air temp 45c was stood still the hot air escaping out of vent.
    but engine bay was outside temp with in 30 mins before air vent installed the temp stayed in engine bay for a good 3hours here are some pics the engine is a lot cooler now and the turbo will install some fans as well under air vent when i get around to it kevin
    Attached Files

how much & where from. it looks good mate
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

£44 from halfords the sub impresser one but to make it work you will have to
      cut the front of it out and then cut your bonnet or to have it for show just bolt it to the bonnet

Comment

Thanks Kevin
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

medion-1, you know why you're running so hot before? Its that big F!ck Off TJM bullbar! I've got a simimlar ARB one it it's caused some serious overheating in the past. Very cool mod though and if my latest plan does not work, I might look into it. Is there any sort of air filter behind the vent or does the air rush straight through?
          @africa4x4cafe
          [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

yes i guessed it might have something to do with the bull bar but i bought it with it on i have put the number plate lower down as you can see on the pic.
            and cut a hole where the number plate was which helped a bit. the bull bar does shine up well which is why i perfure to keep it on.the air vent is well worth putting on if you are brave enough to cut the bonnet up took me a while to be brave enough with the angle grinder to do it.
            thanks for the reply the air goes straight though there is a cone air filter just in front of it done away with the standered air filter so now it raws a a bit now which sounds good.
            Last edited by medion-1; 6 April 2004, 16:54.

Comment

what type of cone filter did you use, was it a specific 4runner/surf, or is it a 'make it fit' job.
              [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

DIY JOB as i dont think its surf specific
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

actulley it is the same as markts pic but connected just up from the oil inlet pipe the one that comes from the rocker cover

Comment

MMMMmmm, Nice job. I tried the same idea last week.
                    Izuzu trooper type, £45, Motorworld. Had to be ordered.
                    Fitted mine the other way round, so hot air is drawn out when driving along.

It makes a considerable temp difference all round. Downside is having to park uphill everytime to stop the rain weeing on to the engine!

Will post piccies when it stops raining!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Derek T M View Post
                      MMMMmmm, Nice job. I tried the same idea last week.
                      Izuzu trooper type, £45, Motorworld. Had to be ordered.
                      Fitted mine the other way round, so hot air is drawn out when driving along.

It makes a considerable temp difference all round. Downside is having to park uphill everytime to stop the rain weeing on to the engine!

Will post piccies when it stops raining!

Derek

Hi Derek. Is it still raining?

I get it now, Vince............... It's kinda fun, isn't it.....................
                      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                        Hi Derek. Is it still raining?
                        In a word, yes.

Comment

Working...
                        X