Air horn as on board air???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air horn as on board air???

Right, feel free to shoot this down as a numpty question..

I've just become the (dubiously) proud owner of an 80's style air horn complete with tune (apparently not the Dukes of Hazzard but not far off.
    [IMG][/IMG]

However not doing electrics as I'm thick I'm not sure which of the points to connect the battery lines to??
    Any ideas o ye of more intellect?

Can some of the horns be disconnected and it fixed to only feed the air down one of the tubes? Wouldnt mind one or two notes (or it playing Ride of the Valkyries for that matter!) but I'm guessing its just not that cool!

Also it has a line on the side? Can these be used to pump air beds etc.
    Presume its not enough pressure to run a line off to inflate tyres? On board air would be great but this seems all to easy...

Answers on a postcard....

as far as i remember they should be switched through a relay - stops the contacts in the steering wheel arcing
    I think the outlet that you talk of is actually the air inlet, in regards to wiring, hang around someone will be along in a mo!!
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

got the horn

air inlet.. yeah that would make sense.

Any takers on electrical knowledge?

Comment

This any help, tho i dont know how those multipal horn tune comps work exactly, but this should give ya the main wireing info
        A relay is typically used to control a component that draws high amperage. The relay allows full power to the component without needing a switch that can carry the amps. The switch only controls the relay. The relay then provides a direct connection to the battery. It should be noted that either the power(86) or ground(85) in the relay control circuit can be switched. In the case of a horn, the horn button would be used to switch the ground lead(85) and power(86) would be provided directly from the fuse box.

This is a typical wiring diagram for a standard relay installed for
        headlights, horn, fuel pump, electric fan, etc. If the relay has a
        5th terminal, it is not used.
        Attached Files
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
        X