Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing headlights

Hi all, me again

I am trying to fit a HID kit to my surf, and I have read through the threads on removing the headlights, and made good progress, but got stuck on removing the plastic grille.

I removed the bull bar, and the side lights and un clipped all the clips on the top of the grille, but there was still something holding it from the bottom and I couldn't see what it could be. I unclipped the clips under the headlights, but whatever was still holding it, was holding it from the middle.

I ideally want to removed the headlights, but I suppose I could get away with just moving the batteries.

Any ideas??

Thanks, yet again

John

NOOOO

Mark where your headlights light.

Take out the washer bottle, and the header tank.

Disconnect and remove the batteries, then you have loads of room.

I've put the drivers side ballast behind the battery

The difference

The end result
    Last edited by Maverick; 21 February 2008, 12:53.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

for your info. grill is clipped in the same way along the bottom too.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

I like that, can you recommend a kit?
        Alan

Comment

sweet

thanks Maverick, I'll have a go at the weekend, looks like there was enough room to fit without disconnecting the battery on the drivers side, is it the same on the passenger side??

Which battery did you hook the power to, or does it not matter??

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
            I like that, can you recommend a kit?
            this is the kit I got

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BI-XENON-HID-C...QQcmdZViewItem

It came quick and looks like a quaility item. I had it fitted on my subaru and the light difference was amazing. he box and all the parts were labeled as bosch parts and they look like like legit bosch parts, but you never know

Anyhow the kit is good, easy to fit and came well wrapped and within 2 weeks from China. So I recommend it

Comment

Originally posted by cheese View Post
              this is the kit I got

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BI-XENON-HID-C...QQcmdZViewItem

It came quick and looks like a quaility item. I had it fitted on my subaru and the light difference was amazing. he box and all the parts were labeled as bosch parts and they look like like legit bosch parts, but you never know

Anyhow the kit is good, easy to fit and came well wrapped and within 2 weeks from China. So I recommend it

I can recommend paying a £10 to get a blue star and keep the site alive and all the great help will continue
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                I can recommend paying a £10 to get a blue star and keep the site alive and all the great help will continue
                Excuse the naivety, but what is the blue star thing??

Comment

And I like your avatar is your truck??

Comment

Excuse the naivety, but what is the blue star thing??
                    It's to show you've paid your £10 yearly subscription to help keep this site running, in return for technical help and the wonderful banter. You will also get to change your avitar pic to whatever you like. Further details here http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1140
                    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

sounds good, will do this when i get home later.

I've already had more than £10 worth of info, and I've only had a surf for 2 weeks

Comment

sounds good, will do this when i get home later.

I've already had more than £10 worth of info, and I've only had a surf for 2 weeks

good man, the sub is not mandatory but very much appreciated by all who use the forum.

thanks for link.
                        Alan

Comment

sweet

thanks Maverick, I'll have a go at the weekend, looks like there was enough room to fit without disconnecting the battery on the drivers side, is it the same on the passenger side??

Which battery did you hook the power to, or does it not matter??
                          I found with my great mitts I couldn't quite (and it was close) get the bulb in without removing the battery. I connected it to the drivers side battery as that is where all my other "stuff" is connected, and it was just easier.
                          The passenger side was a bit of a bugger, as there was the air intake covering the bulb holder, and I couldn't move that without removing the battery.
                          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                            good man, the sub is not mandatory but very much appreciated by all who use the forum.

thanks for link.
                            All Done this morning

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                              I found with my great mitts I couldn't quite (and it was close) get the bulb in without removing the battery. I connected it to the drivers side battery as that is where all my other "stuff" is connected, and it was just easier.
                              The passenger side was a bit of a bugger, as there was the air intake covering the bulb holder, and I couldn't move that without removing the battery.
                              Well I'm going to have a go this weekend, and I have a mate on standby who has smaller hands than me just in case

I'll let you all know how I get along.

Comment

Working...
                              X