Side Awning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Awning

Hi, I'm looking at Buying/Building a awning for my Surf. I've looked at various sites and they seem quite exspensive.

Anybody got any suggestions, ideas as to fixings etc. I have Thule bars fitted. I am planning to attach a roofrack at some point.

Thanks

Check out Bundabashers site

http://www.elphick-pooley.co.uk/htm/...r.htm#roofrack
    Lifes a beach, so lets surf!

Comment

I've seen the site thanks. Looks ideal the setup he has but not much info on it.
      I think I will have a go at building my own. Off camping around France and Italy this summer, Just thought a bit more shade would be nice

Comment

How about one of these tents?

Sleeps four adults, plus you can have the tailgate down for extra room/storage, and you can stand up inside too. Unhook from the truck, zip up the opening and drive away.
        I got it from Canada about four years ago, but I think TonyN was selling them a while back cheaper than what I paid!

Comment

Speak to JJ at Frogs Island... they had some cut down Hannibal Awnings
          About 1.4M wide...

www.hannibal.co.za

self supporting... very tidy...
          Love mine to bits, use it alot

ooops.... £125.00 The Fiama ones were over £1K.... it would have been rude not to buy it...

want another now for the other side...
          Last edited by AndyLala; 13 February 2008, 18:18.

Comment

The Hanibal awning looks just the thing. I did think about the tailgate tent.
            I have a large enough tent, I just want something to pull out for a quick stop for lunch,picnic or an overnight stay whilst on the way down.

Thanks for the suggestions. I still think I will have ago at making it myself

Comment

Hi I Bought One Very Simular From Camping And General On Sunday A Touch Squarer With More Head Room Aswell...

Comment

Working...
              X