No announcement yet.

Dual Tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done mate, glad to hear things are going smoothly, when i clicked on the caravan pump link i had it was no longer there, so guess it's a case of googleing, the one bj used worked well with cold veg i believe, there a bit on the pricey side tho,
    my filtering system's doing ok, (posted the pics on general) tapped off the first 20lt ready for use, if only i had a regular supply i'd finish the dual tank thing,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Popeye
      To get regular WVO I printed some Flyers on the home pc offering to collect for free at short notice. Posted in all the local pubs,food outlets, out of 20 flyers got 5 who ring regular.
      Now just leave 120ltr barrel at the venues and collect when full, give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by GIRDLES View Post
        Popeye
        To get regular WVO I printed some Flyers on the home pc offering to collect for free at short notice. Posted in all the local pubs,food outlets, out of 20 flyers got 5 who ring regular.
        Now just leave 120ltr barrel at the venues and collect when full, give it a go.
        Thanks, that sounds a really good plan, did you state on the flyers that you would provide the 120lt drums for them?Would'nt mind giveing that a try,

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          Thanks, that sounds a really good plan, did you state on the flyers that you would provide the 120lt drums for them?Would'nt mind giveing that a try,
          Didn't provide any drums until I got regular phone calls to pick up WVO then suggested leaving a barrel for both parties convienience. Still get the odd phone call from others every now and again when there own collectors are late.
          Avoid Kebab shops, Burger bars,the oil is nearly always solid with fat and only good for making Bio in the summer. I find that pubs and our indian, give me the nearly clear runny oil that needs just settling and filtering.

Good luck its well worth trying.

Comment

Originally posted by GIRDLES View Post
            Didn't provide any drums until I got regular phone calls to pick up WVO then suggested leaving a barrel for both parties convienience. Still get the odd phone call from others every now and again when there own collectors are late.
            Avoid Kebab shops, Burger bars,the oil is nearly always solid with fat and only good for making Bio in the summer. I find that pubs and our indian, give me the nearly clear runny oil that needs just settling and filtering.

Good luck its well worth trying.
            Cheers, i'll give it a try, some nice eatery's round here,

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              Cheers, i'll give it a try, some nice eatery's round here,
              hope u have more luck than me

Comment

Leaving drums on site

Hi Guy's
                Arnt 120 ltr drums a bit heavy to lift and collect.
                I leave a 50 ltr drum at the pub I get mine from but tend to collect every week (25ltrs) cuz those are heavy enough when full.
                Also be aware that these drums are very valuable, I lost the first one I left at the Pub so now I chain it to the fence.

Taking fliers around sounds like a good idea to me so I might try that one.
                John

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of em keeping it inside and haveing a tap on it, all depends on how their fixed spacewise i suppose, ideally you could rig up an electric pump and pump it into a tank in the back of your truck easyist to just leave em some 25lt cans and change em over when you collect tho, depends how much they get through each week i guess

Comment

Originally posted by johnsiddle View Post
                    Hi Guy's
                    Arnt 120 ltr drums a bit heavy to lift and collect.
                    I leave a 50 ltr drum at the pub I get mine from but tend to collect every week (25ltrs) cuz those are heavy enough when full.
                    Also be aware that these drums are very valuable, I lost the first one I left at the Pub so now I chain it to the fence.

Taking fliers around sounds like a good idea to me so I might try that one.
                    John
                    They are heavy 120ltrs = about 120kg I have a van and sack barrow to pick up the oil.

When you get a source of oil speak to them and arrange what suits you both I collect the oil from the indian in the old tins it came in weekly. The pubs fortnightly or monthly depending on trade.

Comment

Pic's

Popeye, I tried to find your pic's in General but no luck.
                      Can you give me a link please??

Comment

Originally posted by johnsiddle View Post
                        Popeye, I tried to find your pic's in General but no luck.
                        Can you give me a link please??
                        If ya mean my state of the art filtering plant!!!! it's this------http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=52553
                        Last edited by POPEYE; 14 February 2009, 14:24.

Comment

Filtering

Looks good to me wish I was as tidy as you.
                          John

Comment

Working...
                          X