No announcement yet.

Fitting a transmission cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going from memory when I did mine a few years ago, the hot inlet is the o/s of the radiator and the cool return is the n/s.
    Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by king kong View Post
      just reading your post on the oil cooler mod and looking at doing one my self, can you just clear something up for me you say the pumped atf is the line on the right side of the rad, now is that the right hand side looking from the front of the truck.

Ask Apache! he did it not long sinse but i cant remember wot he said,
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Bit of a thread revival but im interested in one of the trans cooler that boyo fitted but can't find the same one.
        Have found fluidyne coolers but not that specific one.
        Anybody point me in the right direction please.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

http://www.fluidyne.com/pl_hpaccessories.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Genui...Q5fAccessories

Comment

Thanks vince, I did look on eBay & on the fluidyne site "honest"..

Just one more question, I'm assuming that the 3rd gen will be virtually the same with regards to the pipe work?

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
              Thanks vince, I did look on eBay & on the fluidyne site "honest"..

Just one more question, I'm assuming that the 3rd gen will be virtually the same with regards to the pipe work?

Yeah, it's the same for all automatics.

Comment

You could use any similar sized cooler for the transmission, just search for an oil cooler with 10mm hose tails.
                If you type transmission fluid cooler or ATF cooler, it'll yield far less results.
                Coolers are basically just a length of tubing, formed into a square-ish design, with cooling fins attached.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  You could use any similar sized cooler for the transmission, just search for an oil cooler with 10mm hose tails.
                  If you type transmission fluid cooler or ATF cooler, it'll yield far less results.
                  Coolers are basically just a length of tubing, formed into a square-ish design, with cooling fins attached.
                  Cheers for that, will have a look about.

Comment

Pajero tranny coolers are a nice size.

Comment

Rover 75 oil cooler from the scrappy slot into the valance just nice with easy fix to the chassis via two B&Q L brackets, I couldn't be doing with stripping the front off a truck to fit a cooler. H

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
                        Rover 75 oil cooler from the scrappy slot into the valance just nice with easy fix to the chassis via two B&Q L brackets, I couldn't be doing with stripping the front off a truck to fit a cooler. H
                        wish i had known that before i did this
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X