No announcement yet.

After market air filter! Your opinion??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After market air filter! Your opinion??

To make room under hood and get more free flowing air to ma lump, i have fitted an air filter cone fingy i had lying around.

Will this help performance, fuel economy, better running?

Only thing is, there is a distinctive groul from engine now(as expected), cant make up my mind whether good or bad, haven't seen anyone laughing yet.

Is the noise worth any running benefits? It seems to be more throttle responsive.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Anyone? If not ill just put it back standard
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie Surfer
      Anyone? If not ill just put it back standard
      I think TonyN and Linda had the K&N filter on the black bullet (notice the subtle colour hint there) and they found it ok.If it wasn't them then it was someone else on here that said they liked it
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks for the reply, will give it time.
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie Surfer
          Thanks for the reply, will give it time.
          Its all down to personal choice and if you like the sound of it go for it and keep it.try to keep track of the mpg with it on and also with the original and that way you will see if its thirstier.
          I do like the Grunt/Roar sound coming from a truck.I'm hoping to get a s/s exhaust fitted as soon as my compensation comes thru so i can get that extra bit of power and that nice roar/grunt you get from it
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hopeing to get a nice growl from my organ pipes when i connect em up
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Ours squealed like a biatch when the turbo spooled up under load, horrible! I made a tube to go round it with sound proof material and its much better now. Still get a nice deep induction noise, but no squeals.

Performance is negligable, but hoping for better whan a bigger exhaust is fitted to match it.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                Performance is negligable, but hoping for better whan a bigger exhaust is fitted to match it.
                Haha - I knew it wouldn't be long!!!!!
                Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Working...
                X