body lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body lift

hello all!! been reading through the forum for the last few weeeks and decided to finally come out of the woodwork so to speak..

I want to do a 2" body lift on my surf but I have a few questions first..

its automatic so if I raise it up will the gear selector dissapear through the body? if so how do I get round this? and what about the transfer stick and hand brake?

also, will I have to extend anything like petrol lines, steering arms etc??

I have done a 2" lift on my Suzuki so know roughly whats involved.

Cheers for your help..
    Nige.

What model is it e.g 1st gen 2nd gen 3rd gen
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Hiya Nige and welcome to your 2nd home.
      Have you got the 2.4 or 3l.Either way you you will need to slacken off the fuel filler pipe but don't need to extend it.You will need to undo the couplings on the steering column 1under the dash and 1 under the bonnet so the shaft can extend on its own.The gear selector will be ok but you may need to file a bit out for the hi/lo ratio selector as it may not go into lo.Also where the steering column goes thru the bulkhead you may need to take out the plate aroung the column and file a bit out of the bulkhead to stop the s/column rubbing.
      If you have a 3l then you don't need to lower the radiator but if you got the 2.4 then you will need rad drop brackets.

hope this is of help

Originally posted by nigel123
      hello all!! been reading through the forum for the last few weeeks and decided to finally come out of the woodwork so to speak..

I want to do a 2" body lift on my surf but I have a few questions first..

its automatic so if I raise it up will the gear selector dissapear through the body? if so how do I get round this? and what about the transfer stick and hand brake?

also, will I have to extend anything like petrol lines, steering arms etc??

I have done a 2" lift on my Suzuki so know roughly whats involved.

Cheers for your help..
      Nige.
      Last edited by stormforce; 21 August 2007, 21:02.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
      X