Fitting a Rover V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cruiser
    Surfenstein, fantastic looking truck. Just wondering about the lift on it. Is that a suspension or body lift (or both)? I'm asking as I'm wondering if the ZF tranny would fit if the body were lifted by a couple of inches. Is it clearance between the transmission tunnel and the box that was the issue? Looking at the ZF and transfer box it appears that the front prop comes out in the right place but the rear prop comes out slightly offset to right (the Toyata prop appears to be on the vehicle centre line). I wonder if the ZF box can be made to pyhsically fit and if the Toyota transfer box could then be adapted to fit the ZF?

CBV8: What time scales are you hoping to get yours done in? I'm hoping to accumulate the parts that I need over the winter and start the job next spring. Your actually quite close to me (I'm just north of Uttoxeter), Perhaps we can both be of help to each other if we go ahead
    Hi Cruiser,
    Not in my lifetime only joking when my mate gets back from hols he will know all the answers to our questions i reckon/hope i think he converted the V8 pickups i saw a while ago
    Cheers,
    Chas.

Comment

Originally posted by cbv8
      A b/w 65/66/GM180?? i bet that wont last long then if your pushing out 350 horses they were barely adequate on the SD1 vitt engine 190bhp i blew a few of them I really want to use the ZF box as Cruiser i have the set up just waiting to drop in god i wish it was a easy as i make it sound I have a mate who eats breaths and far*s V8s but he is away for a week so can't hassle him yet so come where are these ZF.d V8ted Smurfs SPEAK UP
      I ran my B/W65 for about 3 years behind an allegedly 220hp 3.5, and 35" tyres on the other end. It got serious stick offroad, towed a caravan, was my daily driver to work and covered about 30,000miles before I parted out the truck. The engine and box I still have, and are going into my 2door 2nd gen Surf next.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        I ran my B/W65 for about 3 years behind an allegedly 220hp 3.5, and 35" tyres on the other end. It got serious stick offroad, towed a caravan, was my daily driver to work and covered about 30,000miles before I parted out the truck. The engine and box I still have, and are going into my 2door 2nd gen Surf next.

Two wheel or four wheel drive was it???
        Cheers,
        Chas.

Comment

Two wheel or four wheel drive was it???
          4x4, as posted earier in the thread. 2x4 is no good to me!
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            4x4, as posted earier in the thread. 2x4 is no good to me!
            Me brain dead it seems like a lot of work making plates up i would rather do the V8/ZF drop in jobby if it exists? There is a way round everything and i know the ZF can handle 200bhp and in my case it's cheaper to use ZFand3.9 as they are already in my garage
            Cheers,
            Chas.

Comment

A b/w 65/66/GM180?? i bet that wont last long then if your pushing out 350 horses they were barely adequate on the SD1 vitt engine 190bhp i blew a few of them I really want to use the ZF box as Cruiser i have the set up just waiting to drop in god i wish it was a easy as i make it sound I have a mate who eats breaths and far*s V8s but he is away for a week so can't hassle him yet so come where are these ZF.d V8ted Smurfs SPEAK UP
              ah but as said earlier the g/box has been uprated.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                ah but as said earlier the g/box has been uprated.
                What with iron bruw made with girders i want i want i want pleeease (a quote from my grandson) the ZF set up so that is what i am aiming for i like the ZF box lots
                Cheers,
                Chas.

Comment

Hi All,
                  Can i just say thanks to all who replied to my questions but in the end i sold my Hilux and yes have bought one of the last Classic Range Rovers 3.9. Too many complications in trying to V8 an Hilux automatic so L/R won in the end sorry lads/lasses best of to you all for the future
                  Cheers,
                  Chas.

Comment

Hi All,
                    Can i just say thanks to all who replied to my questions but in the end i sold my Hilux and yes have bought one of the last Classic Range Rovers 3.9. Too many complications in trying to V8 an Hilux automatic so L/R won in the end sorry lads/lasses best of to you all for the future
                    theres nothing complicated about putting a v8 in a surf.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                      theres nothing complicated about putting a v8 in a surf.
                      I am a one armed spas so i have to drive an auto so have not got the easy 4x4 V8 auto option dont get me wrong i can do the work myself but is it really worth all the grief
                      Cheers,
                      Chas.

Comment

I am a one armed spas so i have to drive an auto so have not got the easy 4x4 V8 auto option dont get me wrong i can do the work myself but is it really worth all the grief
                        if you have ever seen a v8 powered surf(like the stein)

then yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Hi All,
                          In you original post you said you wanted to fit your lpg converted V8 in the Surf to save on costs, and now you say that you've gone and bought a RangeRover!!!!!

Comment

Yes but i got £900 px off Hilux which Rangine was up for £1895 not bad eh could not turn it down its a real gem met green black leather and one of the last Classic Softdashes and it a V8 Auto nuff said
                            Cheers,
                            Chas.

Comment

If your ever mad enough to put stein up for sale can I get first refusal
                              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie
                                If your ever mad enough to put stein up for sale can I get first refusal
                                give me a figure and i'll see what i can do , send me a cheque to muhameed elfayed c/o buckingham palace
                                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
                                X