Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 crawler body lifts

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/

just recomending roger brown who makes these body lift kits in the US, he's been really good, helped with the parts i needed to order, let me know that they'd been despatched and gave me a USPS tracking number.

i was a bit disapointed when "parcelfarce" sent me a letter saying i had to pay tax and clearance on the value of the item AND the value of postage!! so that added another £30 (so i'd recomend using the cheap slow delivery!)

it all went well fitting the kit and i was all done in a saturday afternoon, apart from one small problem. so i emailed roger and he got straight back to me, apparently the US 4Runner is different (probably because they're petrol engine) the exhaust runs in a different place.
    it's quite handy, him being in the US as he's at his computer during our evening time, and always has a prompt reply!

in my scoring system that i just made up.... i'll give him 4 1/2 thumbs up!

edit..

nice fella just got back again and offered me a refund for the part i couldn't use... but i think i'll probably get taxed on the way out too, so i've got a new paperweight!
    Last edited by dabigman; 17 February 2004, 23:00.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

so you couldnt use the steering rag joint spacer was it????

how do you get around it?

Comment

When I was enquiring with Roger about the lift, he wanted me to check the lenght of the body mount bolts. Did you have to check or did you just get the standard 4runner kit?

I am still trying to make up my mind on getting an RB bodylift or an OME shock/spring combo...

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
        When I was enquiring with Roger about the lift, he wanted me to check the lenght of the body mount bolts. Did you have to check or did you just get the standard 4runner kit?

I am still trying to make up my mind on getting an RB bodylift or an OME shock/spring combo...
        just told him what i had and he sent it.... explained that it was the same as the 4runner, year, etc. and that was that.

Comment

Where are ye gettin the nice guy angle from, or have ye all had phone conversations with him. All I ever got in e-mails was "looks good, will let u know" ... which he did !

(by the way Delboy he was enquiring about your sore toe last time we had a pint)

Comment

We shared some very intimate emails together and he sent me some cream for my toe and a plaster. Lovely man, the best, what a star. Actaully talkin' $hite, just tryin got get my post count up, cause its very low compared to you lot.
            Derek :
            1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
            [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Hey Dabigman,

What work around did you get for the steering shaft. Did you use rogers part or something else?

Ciaran

Comment

Hey Dabigman,

What work around did you get for the steering shaft. Did you use rogers part or something else?

Ciaran
                Hey Ciaran, let us know the gorey d's about the OME kit you're getting from the US, this is something we gotta follow with interest...

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                  Hey Ciaran, let us know the gorey d's about the OME kit you're getting from the US, this is something we gotta follow with interest...

Hi Jim,

I don't know about the ome kit. The kit itself is not too expensive, but shipping is like 300 bucks. Plus I'd probably get caught for import tax. If I can get shipping for a reasonable price I'll get it. If not then I'll get the RB bodylift.

Comment

Hi Jim,

I don't know about the ome kit. The kit itself is not too expensive, but shipping is like 300 bucks. Plus I'd probably get caught for import tax. If I can get shipping for a reasonable price I'll get it. If not then I'll get the RB bodylift.
                    Ciaran
                    You prob already know but all OME AND ARB stuff can be got in the UK by Frogs Island 4x4. Downside is they are gonna be dearer than US suppliers but no import tax and shipping!
                    I'm thinking of buying the OME hd rear springs for 2nd gen!

Cheers
                    Neil
                    www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

Originally posted by europa88
                      Ciaran
                      You prob already know but all OME AND ARB stuff can be got in the UK by Frogs Island 4x4. Downside is they are gonna be dearer than US suppliers but no import tax and shipping!
                      I'm thinking of buying the OME hd rear springs for 2nd gen!

Cheers
                      Neil
                      PS Do you guys have to pay import tax from the UK???
                      If you do I guess It' not so viable!!!
                      Cheers
                      Neil

Comment

Originally posted by europa88
                        PS Do you guys have to pay import tax from the UK???
                        If you do I guess It' not so viable!!!
                        Cheers
                        Neil
                        Nice one Neil,

I'll try frog island then... See how I get on.

No import tax from the UK. Only from outside the EU.

Comment

Nice one Neil,

I went over there today and ordered my rear coils, they have got a good setup with large workshops and parts dept. mostly landies outside but the standard of prep looks good. They can get a lot of oz stuff like long range tanks etc. I would really like an ARB rear air locker but was too frightened to ask the price!!!!
                          They do a lot of serious expedition prep and seem to know their stuff!

All in all a good addition to my knowledge base!!!
                          Cheers
                          Neil

Comment

Hey Dabigman,

Ciaran
                            i cut it in half and welded in a 2" section... well i actually paid someone £20 to do it so it was guaranteed to be straight!... but it's all cushtie now!

Comment

Nice one Neil,

i haven't been able to get any info from frogs island... i got sent an ARB catalogue but no replys to any emails....

Comment

Working...
                              X