yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any pictures of your surfs with lift kits on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any pictures of your surfs with lift kits on.

I am thinking of putting a lift kit on my surf, But not sure which route to take and not sure how high to go.. Could we have a few pictures of your lifted surfs and how high they are lifted and how you lifted it, i.e. body lift, spring lift or both. Just so i can get some ideas, Instead of putting a 2" on and wishing i had gone higher..

Originally posted by v8 jeep
    I am thinking of putting a lift kit on my surf, But not sure which route to take and not sure how high to go.. Could we have a few pictures of your lifted surfs and how high they are lifted and how you lifted it, i.e. body lift, spring lift or both. Just so i can get some ideas, Instead of putting a 2" on and wishing i had gone higher..
    Hi here's a link to before and after lifts on my truck.It is a 5" lift
    2" body lift and 3" suspension lift using the l/cruiser hdj80 springs.
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...20and%20after/
    Last edited by stormforce; 23 June 2007, 12:33.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      2" body lift and 3" suspension lift using the l/cruiser hdj89 springs.

HD J80!

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
        2" body lift and 3" suspension lift using the l/cruiser hdj89 springs.
        That looks well mate ! What is it like on the road ? As i take part in drag racing i do a few miles towing my race vehicle about.. Do you notice much diffrence on the fuel economy. What size tyres are you using ? Cheers

Comment

That looks well mate ! What is it like on the road ? As i take part in drag racing i do a few miles towing my race vehicle about.. Do you notice much diffrence on the fuel economy. What size tyres are you using ? Cheers
          I have taken the a.r.b's off so i get a bit of body roll but i don't mind that.At the mo i am running on 31x15x10.5's but i will be putting 33's on it asap.
          I don't notice any difference in fuel but once the 33's are on then i suppose there will be a slight difference but i run the truck on veg oil so it don't bother me about any increase in mpg

Comment

Thanks for the info richard.

Comment

Thanks for the info richard.
              here a list of what i have put on mine
              2" body lift from Danno/Jotto
              +3" es3000 shocks on the rear
              +2" es3000 shocks on the front
              Panhard drop bracket kit from Bushwacker
              Diff spacers from Jotto
              and extended braided brake hoses front and rear from Roughtrax
              altogether 5" of lift for roughly £500 so not too bad
              also 1.5" ball joint spacers

Comment

heres a pic of stein with around a six inch lift.3" body lift and 3"-4" of suspension lift.
                hjd80 rear springs
                pro comp es9000+3 shocks front and rear
                removed front and rear arb
                adjustable panhard rod
                extended braided brake hoses
                vinces drop bracket
                home made 3" body lift kit and associated parts
                basically the same as stormys truck.
                because im running a very light engine up front i didnt need to adjust the front torsion bars.(thats how much lift a rover v8 gives you)
                this is stein with 35" wheels and tyres on.thanks to the generousity of tonyN(just borrowed them for a photo shoot)
                AS YOU CAN SEE THERES STILL QUITE A BIT OF SPACE LEFT UNDER THE ARCHES.
                Last edited by surfenstein; 20 May 2007, 08:39.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Surfenstein, What spec is your rover. Heads Pistons, rods, cam, Carb etc.. How did you get your 5ltr which stroker did you use and what bore is it, And how much gas do you use and when do you use gas, Do you race or is it just an expensive grin factor. Im just intrested as it is similar power to my 5ltr that use for racing..

Comment

Surfenstein, What spec is your rover. Heads Pistons, rods, cam, Carb etc.. How did you get your 5ltr which stroker did you use and what bore is it, And how much gas do you use and when do you use gas, Do you race or is it just an expensive grin factor. Im just intrested as it is similar power to my 5ltr that use for racing..
                    ok here goes
                    SG Cast Crankshaft for use with x-bolted engine. Polished and Ni-tempered.
                    Forged Steel 4340 HD Con-Rods with ARP bolts
                    Hypereutectic Cast T6 lightweight Pistons. Pins and Piston Rings
                    Clevite 77 bearing Set,
                    stage four ported and polished,port matched,tvr late type 28cc heads ultra large inlet and exhaust valves 1.68"inlet and 1.455"exhaust.bronze guides.cloyes duplex timing gear and chain.rhoads solid lifters with adjustable pushrods.crowes competition cam cant remember the number or grind but its a good one.worth about 20 bhp.mallory optical distributor and igniton pack.holley 390 cfm race carb mech secondaries with upgraded powervalve,sitting on an offy 360 dual plane manifold,um i think that about it cant remember much more does that help.as for the gas ive not fitted it yet,its a 100 shot progressive system.and yes i use to race at the pod as well,mk5 yellow cortina estate,thats where the engine came from.but ive now broke the engine so i have a major rebuild on my hands,so stein is getting 3.9 ambulance power.
                    Last edited by surfenstein; 20 May 2007, 19:01.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                      ok here goes
                      SG Cast Crankshaft for use with x-bolted engine. Polished and Ni-tempered.
                      Forged Steel 4340 HD Con-Rods with ARP bolts
                      Hypereutectic Cast T6 lightweight Pistons. Pins and Piston Rings
                      Clevite 77 bearing Set,
                      stage four ported and polished,port matched,tvr late type 28cc heads ultra large inlet and exhaust valves 1.68"inlet and 1.455"exhaust.bronze guides.cloyes duplex timing gear and chain.rhoads solid lifters with adjustable pushrods.crowes competition cam cant remember the number or grind but its a good one.worth about 20 bhp.mallory optical distributor and igniton pack.holley 390 cfm race carb mech secondaries with upgraded powervalve,sitting on an offy 360 dual plane manifold,um i think that about it cant remember much more does that help.as for the gas ive not fitted it yet,its a 100 shot progressive system.and yes i use to race at the pod as well,mk5 yellow cortina estate,thats where the engine came from.but ive now broke the engine so i have a major rebuild on my hands,so stein is getting 3.9 ambulance power.
                      Thanks, it is similar to mine, appart from forged pistons 96mm with total seal rings,rs256 cam, msd ignition, 600cfm holley carb, H beam rods 87,6mm stroke, huffaker hi-rise inlet, and only run 180bhp of gas upto now but are currently fitting me second stage to give me 250bhp extra What did you breake on your 5ltr ?? Are you going to sell it or fix it!
                      Im hoping to get down to the pod this year and race with some of my mates, We are thinking about doing the street racer sunday.. Ill have to give you a nod when we are going..

Comment

4" Superlift suspension lift, 1 1/2" 4x4toys body lift, 33x12.5 15 BFG A/T's 15x10" Mickey Thompson Classic II alloys.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

plus dirt!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

plus dirt!
                            Dirt! I was almost ashamed to post the pics, its far to clean ATM!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                              4" Superlift suspension lift, 1 1/2" 4x4toys body lift, 33x12.5 15 BFG A/T's 15x10" Mickey Thompson Classic II alloys.

Very nice !! Im thinking of a 3" lift. Can you put 3" body lifts on and would it be ok to do as im thinking this might be the cheapest option, As ive got a few money draining hobies drag racing, mountain biking and doing my surf up, lol. What would i require for a body lift ??

Comment

Working...
                              X