Suspension lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension lift

Does anyone know were I can get a suspension lift thats bigger than 4 inches. And were can I get one in Ireland? Any info at all would be great.

Try LASupertrux they seem to be the best source for the job....
    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by patsurf
      Does anyone know were I can get a suspension lift thats bigger than 4 inches. And were can I get one in Ireland? Any info at all would be great.
      try sending pm to cmar (ciaran) he seems to know a few places and he's in Co. kildare or JimL he's just bought a bodylift from USA and might know a bit about import parts, he's in meath...

there's a few on here for ireland who have a few get togethers, so they're probably your best bet to ask.
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
        try sending pm to cmar (ciaran) he seems to know a few places and he's in Co. kildare or JimL he's just bought a bodylift from USA and might know a bit about import parts, he's in meath...

there's a few on here for ireland who have a few get togethers, so they're probably your best bet to ask.
        Oops I mistook Patsurf for a different member from Wicklow I think, who came on in a hurry a good while back looking for a fuel pump and was sent in the right direction but never bothered his a$$ with a thanks or an update on how he got on. Now I've just noticed Patsurf has just one post in total so I got that one wrong...

I havent a clue where youd source these things in this country coz nobody seems to have discovered the internet and catalogues and stuff like that.
        All I know is that theres a tyre dealer on the Wexford Rd in Arklow called 'Brady' who had a lifted Hilux pickup a few years back and he might know something ... plus Cmar reckons he's got good value in 4x4 tyres

Welcome to forum Pat.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Pat.

First off, the dealer in Arklow, Brendan Brady does not reckon that Surfs should be lifted. The strain on CV can cause premature failure.
          His Hilux has a solid axel on the front, so no problems lifting it.

His tyre prices are very good for BFG's 'cause he is the importer of them.

You didn't say what year surf you have, if it's a 2nd gen then try LA Supertrux as Mark said.
          If it's a 3rd gen, then things get a lot harder, try searching for 4runner lift kits etc on www.yotatech.com It's an American site with loads of info on 2nd and 3rd gen surfs (called the 4runner over there)

Why do you want to go bigger than 4"? A 4" lift is huge and will allow you to fit BIG tyres.

Comment

Pat, has your surf got a saggy bottom?? Does it have 'small' tyres (mine has 215's (27") and look fine but they are small in comparison to many.

Just to make this sound better I will assume you have what I have...sag and small rubbers

Think about a 2" suspension lift, 2" body lift, and then 32" tyres.

On the front the suspension job involves simply turning a torsion bar bolt on either side until you've raised both sides 1.5". On the rear the suspension job involves 'normal+2inch' rear springs. On both front and rear, new shocks would then be advised to greatly improve the ride according to forum members who tried to get by with their old ones.

The 2" body lift is cheap at €160'ish and gives no extra ground clearance but allows for bigger tyres to fit. It gives better water clearance although for the air intake.

The tyres you were gonna do anyway with the lift you were talking about. The shocks would have been a definite also.

On my spec truck, with the above mods, the front would now overall lift 5.5" in theory. The rear, 8" in theory. I make up the rear figure by adding 2+2 for the springs (sag cancelled + 2"), 2 for the bodylift, and 2 for the tyre jump in size.

This overall lift would still only have increased your CV's 1.5 inches from spec.

Even though 32-27=5 and 5/2=2.5 I only added 2" of tyrelift
            Last edited by JimL; 16 February 2004, 23:43.

Comment

Ya wont get a suspension lift for IFS bigger than 4". You cant buy any suspension lifts in Ireland. If you wanna go bigger than 4", you will have to go for a solid axle swap, which will cost big bucks, unless you have an engineer friend who wants to do it for free or a slab of beer. Cant get anything in this country. I have noticed however that 'WARN' famous for wiches etc have given their Irish contact to this crowd www.hyvalift.com Also do hi-lift jacks, snorkels, etc. Anything else you want will have to come from UK or US.
              Derek :
              1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
              [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

some large surfs/4runners
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

yeah it does have a saggy bottom. I was thinking of getting air suspension a company down here recommends it. Cant remember the name. what are the biggest tyres I can fit without lifting it?

Comment

Originally posted by patsurf
                    yeah it does have a saggy bottom. I was thinking of getting air suspension a company down here recommends it. Cant remember the name. what are the biggest tyres I can fit without lifting it?
                    31"

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                    X