2" Lift Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2" Lift Complete

It took me 2 days to do the lift at an easy pace (supplied by 4Crawler website) with help from my cousin.

We did find that the instructions that were sent with the parts were a bit vague (what do you expect for $2). Lucky that we found a great write up here, by JimL:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4713

It did however take a 3rd & 4th day to drive around looking for rubber tubing and metal pipe to extend the fuel filler. The thinner rubber tube did seem to extend fine but i will check it all again next week. It would be great if Roger Brown offered this as an extra with the kit to save a lot of time looking for the right size tubing... but in all fairness it would have made sense for me to make sure i had the extension parts before doing the lift in the first place - doh!

Do you mind if i ask what the total cost of the kit was?? Did you have to pay Import taxes on the item an if so how much was it?? Cheers mate!

Comment

Originally posted by virgo
      It took me 2 days to do the lift at an easy pace (supplied by 4Crawler website) with help from my cousin.

We did find that the instructions that were sent with the parts were a bit vague (what do you expect for $2). Lucky that we found a great write up here, by JimL:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4713

It did however take a 3rd & 4th day to drive around looking for rubber tubing and metal pipe to extend the fuel filler. The thinner rubber tube did seem to extend fine but i will check it all again next week. It would be great if Roger Brown offered this as an extra with the kit to save a lot of time looking for the right size tubing... but in all fairness it would have made sense for me to make sure i had the extension parts before doing the lift in the first place - doh!
      surprised you had to find new tubeing for the fuel, mine refitted OK with a bit of pulling. did you remove metal from around the steering columb bulkhead grommet and the shift plate, it took me about 3 days, but i did have to ream out washers/spacers etc as i used 12mm bolts, you did well,
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

RodLeach,

It cost £122, and then I paid import charges which came upto just under £30. 4Crawler make the parts when you order so it takes a few weeks to get to you, but well worth it when you see the quality of parts.

Ian619,

I was surprised too, I thought fuel pipe would extend but it was an exact fit with no room to move. It was a bit silly not to check before hand but oh well..

The bulkhead was quite easy to do. I tapped and drilled three small holes just below where the steering shaft was resting on the bulkhead. Then used an old chisel to split drill holes upwards towards the larger hole, and then bent the flaps forwards (into engine bay). I bolted the rubber steering grommet back on one side of its original mounting, just angled it down a little and drilled a new hole where it looked comfortable.

The gaps on the grommet rim was filled in with some instant gasket and then brushed on some underseal I had lying around. Bit of copper grease on the grommet where the steering shaft contacts, and job done.

Comment

Working...
        X