Speedo Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo Conversion

Has anyone had any problems with the gearbox after fitting the converter chip from kph to mph? I bought a 2.4 Surf and had nothing but trouble with the gearbox...even had 2 new gearboxes fitted but still had the same problem as before. I have spent almost £1000 since January trying to get it sorted but to no avail. On Saturday took it to another garage and explained the problem to them...he told me if it had a chip fitted on the 2.4 auto it causes all sorts of problems with the gearbox, he took it out and fitted a new face all for £75 and so far have had no more problems with the gearbox...
    When the going gets tough...The Surf gets going!!!

glad you managed to get it sorted Paul although it's cost a fair bit tho
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

You're telling me...I nearly took it to the auction to get rid of it cos I'm totally spent out on it now...Think I might keep it for a while now tho

Comment

Originally posted by ninja_king
        Has anyone had any problems with the gearbox after fitting the converter chip from kph to mph? I bought a 2.4 Surf and had nothing but trouble with the gearbox...even had 2 new gearboxes fitted but still had the same problem as before. I have spent almost £1000 since January trying to get it sorted but to no avail. On Saturday took it to another garage and explained the problem to them...he told me if it had a chip fitted on the 2.4 auto it causes all sorts of problems with the gearbox, he took it out and fitted a new face all for £75 and so far have had no more problems with the gearbox...
        I fitted the chip to my 3.0L surf and have noticed no gearbox problems, but I could do with some advice. My 3.0ltr goes into transmission lock up about 52 mph (on the speedo) but the missus's 2.4 at just over 40. Can anybody tell me at roughly what speed theirs locks up?
        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Hi my Gen 3 locks up at 52-55 mph when on constant cruise throttle opening.
          Drive it like you hate it

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
            I fitted the chip to my 3.0L surf and have noticed no gearbox problems, but I could do with some advice. My 3.0ltr goes into transmission lock up about 52 mph (on the speedo) but the missus's 2.4 at just over 40. Can anybody tell me at roughly what speed theirs locks up?
            I think the problem is only on the 2.4 not the 3ltr, dont know about the transmission lock up sorry

Comment

Originally posted by se7en
              Hi my Gen 3 locks up at 52-55 mph when on constant cruise throttle opening.
              Yep, thats roughly the same as my 2nd gen 3ltr. slap my face and call me susan but I thought it would have been the other way round, the bigger engine would be able to hold the lower revs.

still my questions been answered and i'm happy (after a bowl full of spag bol)

thanks
              Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
              X