Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic front removed

Yeah,Done it.

Removed the plastic section and extended end caps from front bumper and only took me 30 mins,which is good for me!!!!!!

Straight forward enough, 6 bolts to get bumper off( 4 chassis,2 inside front of arch under arch liner) remember to take the indicator bulb fitting out the back. Then it's about 10 wee bolts. end caps can be pulled off as they slide into place on the bolt heads(if that makes sense )

Cheers again for the pics Ian and the info from everyone else that guided me on my way. So when the Fiancee see's it i can blame you lot.hehe

My garage is now full of bits i've taken off my Surf.
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

lookin good!! If you um...fancy posting me the plastic lower valance free of charge out of the kindness of your heart i'd give it a good home

Comment

PSSSSSSSSTTTTT Wanna sell the end caps?
      Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Did you do that for better approach angle to stop it getting damaged? Or are you planning to replace the whole front bumper at some point?
        Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
          Did you do that for better approach angle to stop it getting damaged? Or are you planning to replace the whole front bumper at some point?
          I think it was an approach angle point of view

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop

Guess it would help approach angle,but i intend on making a winch bracket so rather than cut into plastic i thought i'd remove the lot. Hopefully i'll be able to make a complete front bumper when i've got the time.

Sorry end caps have been butchered since my tyres were rubbing on them so the back of them were hacked out.
            www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Working...
            X